I did Manliness

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
Don't think so the sky is still working in the living room.

I have a HDMI splitter one output for the TV in the living room the other to the bedroom. That then goes into a HDMI/cat6 converter up through the attic in cat6 and down into the bedroom and back through another Cat6 to HDMI converter into the TV. I suspect it is the cat 6 converters or the HDMI splitter.

Last edited:

canis

Race Winner
Valued Member
I spent the entire weekend watching golf with a beer in my hand and no suntan lotion. I failed to be pure man as I didn't burn and complain about it afterwards, just tanned slightly.

Then drove home without stopping (Scottish coast to Oxford) and yesterday did mechanical things on my car, including removal of turbo and replacement with bigger turbo. I used the words "more power" a lot and was covered in oil/grease for most of the day. I am then not so sure wether my final act of the day was manly or not as I hacked the ECU on the car to re-map the engine for the new turbo, was a very nerdy moment when I finally got past the protection on the chip but then went back to the mantra of "more power" a lot for a few hours to make up for it ;)

Today will be spent fine tuning the chip map while the car is on a rolling road, so lots of power and revving engines and smoke from the exhaust and burning oil, so manly points restored from the slight failures of the last few days :D

gethinceri

Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan.
Contributor
So a man is at his best when wearing silly hats?
That's no ordinary hat, it is "AudioBrainTM". There are very few of them in existence and I shall be wearing mine for the next fortnight while it protects my head and entertains me with music, talk and cricket. If you can find one, buy one.

canis

Race Winner
Valued Member
mmmmm, car finally tuned properly. Stock 390 bhp, after my additions and tuning 795 bhp, after pro fine tuned my tuning 823 bhp. As I am a complete amateur and it was my first solo tuning attempt I am really happy with that :D Anyone got a set of racing slicks I can borrow as car now not behaving with road tyres and makes me look silly sending up clouds of smoke when I am not concentrating pulling away from junctions (oh, and a very quick spin out). :embarrassed:

Porceliamone

This cost me a tenner, but so L'Oreal.
Contributor
That's barely the same car from stock surely? Unless it's a Skyline tune monster!

canis

Race Winner
Valued Member
Was a 5l V8 natural aspiration, is now a V8 Twin Hybrid Turbo with stage 3 mappings and appropriate other work completed. I need to upgrade the clutch now as well as we have gone over the rating for the clutch that was fitted, but thinking of removing the whole gearbox etc and replacing with a twin clutch from a Le Mans R8 assuming we can make it fit and work ;) Oh, and for anyone who wants to do this themselves, watch the insurance cost go through the roof and reach the moon fairly rapidly :( (went from approx £600 per year to just short of £3k :bawl:)

Bill Boddy

Professional layabout
Contributor
In a rush to get to train station after pit lane walk missed my footing, fell and broke wrist with multiple abrasions to knee. Continued on, got train, went to hotel, reception told me where to find hospital, walked there, found it was plastic surgery clinic, night porter had no idea where accident hospital was so had to submit to embarrassment of getting taxi to get to one, had needle jabbed in backside despite my saying would take chance on tetanus, had hand and wrist manipulated to have two x-rays (did not wear lead protector) then finally had plaster fitted four hours after accident, walked back mile to hotel to have dinner of one cup machine coffee.

Taught myself to sign name and type left handed.

Top Bottom