Help me please!!!!!

Hamberg

Those who know, they know
Contributor
I'm moving to East Africa in a few weeks (British GP Weekend :( ) to work until early next year. By all accounts they don't watch or broadcast F1 although I'll be quite close to Mombasa so I am planning to search high and low for some German bars (they must have it on satellite right??)

I will have the internet (remember I'm in Africa) but please if anybody knows how I can watch my beloved F1 for the rest of the season without having to wait 3 weeks for my dad to post me a DVD please let me know. Slingbox is no good

Any friends in Mombasa?
Anything????

Assuming you'll have paid your TV license for the year ..... ;) Your best bet is to get a friend in this country to set up a private VPN (or proxy network) and then watch it via iplayer/bbc sport website.

Good luck in Africa.

If all else fails Hamberg I'm sure the BBC Worldserive will have the commentry on the radio. Or you could rely on us here at CTA to do a running commentry.

Good luck in Africa mate - sounds well exciting.

I'm moving to East Africa in a few weeks (British GP Weekend :( ) to work until early next year. By all accounts they don't watch or broadcast F1 although I'll be quite close to Mombasa so I am planning to search high and low for some German bars (they must have it on satellite right??)

I will have the internet (remember I'm in Africa) but please if anybody knows how I can watch my beloved F1 for the rest of the season without having to wait 3 weeks for my dad to post me a DVD please let me know. Slingbox is no good

Any friends in Mombasa?
Free VPN for Macs?
Anything????

Ask to get situated in South Africa, we get everything out here.

I am not sure if Supersport extends its coverage to that part of East Africa but it is nonetheless worth the enquiry, as it provides to as far as Nigeria.

Cheers all so far! Keke yes I shall message you.

Sarinaide, it might be a bit of a commute, although I'd love to watch races with you, the debate would be brilliant ;)

By the way Hamberg, all the best for your African adventure and Bon Voyage for July.:wave:
I'll spare a thought for you from my grandstand seat at Vale, as Lewis and Nico flash past to complete the One-Two. :cheer:

Whilst we all love our F1 could I just take this moment to remind our valued members that CTA has a rule about illegal sites.

Messages containing illegal content or practices and discussion of, and links to, inappropriate and illegal sites, including torrent sites, are not permitted and will be removed.

Thanks.

Hmm apologies for that. The site itself is not illegal, I just don't use it entirely within its (stated) purposes. Anyway I see that even mentioning what is possible is covered by the rules so I will say nothing further.

I know and it wasn't aimed specifically at you but as I mention in the opening post - as long as he's paid his license fee, he should be able to access the iplayer but........... ;)

Regardless of licence fee you cannot access from abroad unfortunately, the beeb dont have broadcasting rights - not even for the radio broadcast it would seem. (actually they are launching an international iPlayer but I think it will be bbc made content meaning they control the rights)

I think there is some big court case in progress about using an international service and how it affects broadcasting rights at the moment, brought about due to pubs using international sky to broadcast the football in the UK for a fraction of the price. I would be happy to pay the beeb a fee to watch but it currently isn't possible. (Still loosely on topic?)

Any friends in Mombasa?
Anything????

Here in Belgium I watch free practises on www.vipbox.tv
Qualifying and races I watch on the big screen,but can also be seen there.
All the best for your stay in Africa!

note to Speshal:if I've just mentioned something very illegal,please delete my post asap.
I wouldn't want to be paid a visit by a squadron of seals,..oops too late,a couple of strange helicopters just landed in my garden:o

Make sure you visit Diani beach. It's gorgeous. You can go out on a boat and swim with dolphins in the wild too.

great resteraunt called Ali Barbours (owned by a guy called George Barbour) in an underground cave. when your done eating walk down to his beach bar, forty Thieves.

It's an absolute must.

Cheers EN, I'll be about an hour north of Diani Beach but as I'm being given a motorbike :o I'm sure I can take myself off on a little trek!

Back
Top Bottom