Formula W (W Series)

That's more like it.

The BBC need to stop shunting Formula E off on to obscure channels and the Red Button and actually do something with it, putting it up front on BBC 2 and actually advertising it.

It would have been interesting to see how prominent Formula E would have been on CH4 if the deal hadn't been scuppered by the last min F1 deal.

According to my sources (Wikipedia) the winner gets 15, and then it goes 12, 10, 7, 5, 3, 2, 1. This is same grade as DTM, Indy Lights and the F3 Regional Championships.

Higher than I thought it would be.

If driver is allowed to defend title, then 40 points is reachable in three years only driving this series.

I watched race 3 and 4 yesterday (race 1 and 2 no longer available).

To be honest race 3 bored the arse of me and if the ch4 player hadn't auto-started race 4 I wouldn't of bothered, but race 4 was great. Decent race. The main problem I can see is the tv coverage is substandard. It's hard to follow, the graphics are all over the place and the director needs shot.

I remember watch Alice Powell at Knock hill when she was in Formula Renault. She seems to of had terrible luck in the first 4 races. Which given there is only 6 in the championship isn't great.

2 more races to go. I will be watching them.

Last edited:
as Jamie Chadwick should be in F3 now, she clearly talented enough & she couldve been the woman to break the glass ceiling as she had alot going for her

time is running out she's 23, 24 in may. which means that best case scenario is shes 25. when driving in F3. this is day & age in F1 terms being a 25yr old in F3, 26/27yr in F2. you might as well be collecting your bus pass. because youll be competing against drivers 6-8 yrs older. & i just dont see how she reaches F1. wonder if that W series will be more if a hinderence than a help

if Jamie Chadwick can progress through the lower formulae then i think its going to be very difficult for any other of the women that do win this title

Good to see she's got a job with Williams turning the simulator on and off.

Hopefully, in a few years time, she'll work her way up to being humiliatingly ignored in the role of "reserve driver" when Williams actually need a reserve driver. That's a career move known as a "Susie".

Seriously though, how can she ever hope to progress if no one is willing to give her a race seat?

Seriously though, how can she ever hope to progress if no one is willing to give her a race seat?
this is what it screams of. that she didnt get any offers from F3 teams. but looking at the line up compared to what chadwick won & media profile that she has. being in F1 paddock, "role" at Williams. i dont know how on pure talent she isn't there

the best achievement ive seen is that a few drivers have won Italian & German F4, 3 of british drivers came through the British F3 championship 1st 2nd & 4th

She would have been oldest regular driver (Jake Hughes who subbed for one race is older) in F3 last year and now it will be at least two years before she gets a drive there.

as Jamie Chadwick should be in F3 now, she clearly talented enough & she couldve been the woman to break the glass ceiling as she had alot going for her

time is running out she's 23, 24 in may. which means that best case scenario is shes 25. when driving in F3. this is day & age in F1 terms being a 25yr old in F3, 26/27yr in F2. you might as well be collecting your bus pass. because youll be competing against drivers 6-8 yrs older. & i just dont see how she reaches F1. wonder if that W series will be more if a hinderence than a help

if Jamie Chadwick can progress through the lower formulae then i think its going to be very difficult for any other of the women that do win this title
As a comparison, entire F3 grid is younger than Chadwick.

F2 has four older drivers: Hughes, Nissany, Boschung and Bölükbaşı. Two who have spent several seasons in 2nd tier, one who spend several seasons in 3rd tier and one sim racing graduate.

5 consective wins, (final 2 last season & 3 from 3 this season) from Jamie Chadwick she is unbeatable at the moment & is absolutely travesty that she never even got an opportunity in at least F3 & some drivers that there purely through money have

There is an argument for an FIA funded team at tiers 2 and 3 to provide opportunities to drivers who lack the backing or finances.

I don't understand why no one sees the marketing opportunities of running Jamie Chadwick in a better formula than the W Series. So many of those in F3 and F2 seem to be make weights.

i know I confused at that point was well. because twice champion. pretty dominant at that. there would be Mick Schumacher style attention upon her.

so i am amazed as she seems like a marketers dream.

very good win for Jamie Chadwick. 4 races 4 wins & 3 poles. also if you include last season 6 wins in a row, 8 wins of the last 11, has been on every W series podium since 26th June 2021

i hoping that she keeps this up wins every race, wins a 3rd title & then we'll then see what excuses these F2 & F3 have then

how has this happened so quickly

Jamie Chadwick said on Thursday.W Series racers have been briefed about the all-female championship's financial difficulties amid concerns that this weekend's Singapore round could be the last

Series founder Catherine Bond Muir told the Telegraph that the championship was having "lots of conversations" & expressed optimism it would survive. She did not offer guarantees it would see out this season, however, or that it would pay out all of its prize money.

The free-to-enter championship offers a total prize pot of $1.5 million. Chadwick, as champion, would stand to earn $500,000 which would form a crucial part of the budget to fund her next step up the ladder.

Back
Top Bottom