Football All things Football

i was against the sacking of slavisa jokanovic. but i heckingbottom has well & truly proved me wrong. whereas still think slav was unlucky it was good manager wrong club. board made a brave but correct decision. so sometimes proves dont listen to fans some of us know nothing LOL

as looking at table since heckingbottom was promoted. playoffs are the expectation now not a aim. as we are on points per game (because of the covid postponements) the 2nd best team in the league
View attachment 15276
Not just "some fans don't know anything," but many fans don't know anything. I'll give you an example: which fans know how things are in the locker room? And that's an indicator of what's going on inside the club.
And many fans find out about the coach's decisions after the fact :)
Personally, I stopped being a fan a long time ago, but I like watching sports, I just love sporting events for what they are.

I'll give you an example: which fans know how things are in the locker room? And that's an indicator of what's going on inside the club.
And many fans find out about the coach's decisions after the fact :)
i agree on that,
(apologies i dont know what part of the world your from, so if you are from the UK i apologise as it might sound patronising but i dont mean it too)

we had a goalie at Sheffield United called paddy kenny he went from 1 of most liked to enemy number 1 to a point that in the league 1 play off semi final he had to sit in stevenage end. because he had served a 9 month ban for failing a drugs test. (which was him taking cough medicine from a supermarket, without checking with the club) what we thought was club stuck by him & 2 weeks have Kenny said how much he loved the club he left to go to QPR. he was dubbed a traitor & when he returned as the away goalkeeper in aug 2010. he got some of the worst heckling ive seen as it was abuse. more chants & booing.

people hated him for a decade wasnt til his autobiography came out in the last few years. club & Manager had lied force paddy kenny out of the door. which i why I love the beyond the grid podcast & similar with football to find out the real stories behind thr big moments

Personally, I stopped being a fan a long time ago, but I like watching sports, I just love sporting events for what they are.
yeah i certainly see that & outside of football & sports involves my country as i still want Britain to do well. with the winter Olympics case in point. but there are many that i love to watch as a neutral

but football is not 1 of them. as its more than the sport. its pride of your city or your part of the city. seeing it do well in a big stage

We played a bizarre 2-3-2-2-1 formation today. Strange but effective and we beat a team that have been very in form under Chris Wilder.

We've still got a lot of work to do over the summer but we have started to play some decent football.

We played a bizarre 2-3-2-2-1 formation today. Strange but effective and we beat a team that have been very in form under Chris Wilder.

We've still got a lot of work to do over the summer but we have started to play some decent football.
the 400,000 grand loss a week is worrying for next season. but it still a fantastic win v the form team in the championship

the 400,000 grand loss a week is worrying
That was for the last 12 months of accounts that we filled at the start of the year and, among other things, strongly due to the loss of income as a result of the pandemic.

We have dumped a lot of players since then, financially restructured and with crowds back and the turnstiles clicking again, we won't be losing anything like that now.

We still need to work closely with the FA to demonstrate everything we've done and are doing to hit the FFP targets but unlike certain clubs I could mention we have declared our issues up front and are being totally transparent about it.

We still need to work closely with the FA to demonstrate everything we've done and are doing to hit the FFP targets but unlike certain clubs I could mention we have declared our issues up front and are being totally transparent about it.
agree on that, ive heard the rumours of 9 clubs in the championship could be in trouble. but i still feel its mad football league havent made sure that all teams in football league should break even. otherwise we are just waiting for more derby to take place

what a night, them games are amazing, 4-0 when the world is conspiring against you, through work rate & sheer force of will. we got the win you still get those 3 pts.

incredible 2nd half reminded me of 2-0 win v Middlesbrough in march 2019. rode our luck with Blackburn dangerous on the break, down to 10, looked bad from where i sat 2 footed & studs up. such ill discipline to let the referee horrendously inept performance get to goode

Sander Berge is sheer quality, he probally should be at championship level. technically 1 of great talents we've ever had. Wes Foderingham saving that penalty amongst other great saves. having the season of his life

Happy Celebration GIF by MolaTV

I'm very confused about what is going on at Fratton Park. We keep winning games, even when one of the players is sent off after 20 minutes. We might even make the play-offs...

(Note - Portsmouth have never won a match in the play-offs in any league)

FB ive been seeing your results, epsically that 1 where you came back from 3-0 down v fleetwood, although im glad im not in L1 because that Play off race is ridiculously tight, i thought championship was tight, but on the final day you'll have half of sheffield cheering you on. love it if you beat wednesday & took their place in the playoffs

cider_and_toast at least your safe from relegation & i look forward to easter monday

very frustrating point, yes we were sloppy in possession in that 2nd half. so frustrating, too desperate with that ball. just needed calm down, it was like a hot potato,

but its hard enough with our injuries. 11 out apparently, without being robbed by the linesman & its the same the last month, useless officiating, VAR that is poor itself, but it has shown with its own horror shows. but the standard of officiating has gone hugely downhill its either inconsistent or simply guessing. as there is absolute no chance the linesman can be sure that was offside. he was 30/40yds on the touchline. the referee didn't see it or any players protest

20220316_214959.gif

apart from this being the draw of dreams from English point of view. the odds of us potentially getting scotland (or πŸ΄σ §σ ’σ ·σ ¬σ ³σ ΏπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦) in 2 consecutive major tournaments mustve been astronomical

England Iran USA & Scotland/Wales/Ukraine is best we couldve hope for. despite a tough potential round of 16. lets never forget 2010 how pleased we were then

received_2092993257524386.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom