Football All things Football

thats no snow joke ;) if that game 1pm it might not have finished

but it was a great win today, you could tell with the higher tempo we had, was more wilder like. but even sept & oct it was decent we just couldnt find the net. & only November that things were dreadful , but time will tell if we can keep this form or it was just new manager bounce

i will say i expected better, your marking was poor & you gave us time space that we needed. but what was with the dark arts wasnt it 4 players booked for knocking the ball away

cider_and_toast what ive been surprised about is how bad / inconsistent the teams are, certain drop since a few years ago. as anyone from 4th to 20th could make the play offs with a good run of results. Blackburn are 4th it was only 3 weeks ago they lost 7-0

Last edited:
FB i was surprised you have gone under the radar there 6 wins in a row & unbeaten in 9. 2pts off the playoffs. just at the right time for the big game next tuesday. make sure you beat sheff wed ;)

if i had a £ for every time since the pandemic restart, we played well, created many chances & went in losing as we Couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. id have enough to buy the club LOL

Screenshot_20220113-205240_Samsung Internet.jpg

i was against the sacking of slavisa jokanovic. but i heckingbottom has well & truly proved me wrong. whereas still think slav was unlucky it was good manager wrong club. board made a brave but correct decision. so sometimes proves dont listen to fans some of us know nothing LOL

as looking at table since heckingbottom was promoted. playoffs are the expectation now not a aim. as we are on points per game (because of the covid postponements) the 2nd best team in the league
Screenshot_20220129-212733_Samsung Internet.jpg

FB ill have a watch of that. hopefully some of our good results will rub off on you. looking at the table, if you dont win playoffs might be out of reach

Well that was crap. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the players he has aren't good enough for the style of football Danny Cowley wants to play. So either he should buy some different players (but how many "total football" players wants to play for a mid-table league one side?) or Pompey need a manager who can get the best out of the players there, as Cowley clearly can't.

FB we were there in november, as players cant adapt to the system then its the manager that goes, as we had the same with Jokanovic

i saw the game & the 1st charlton goal was shocking goalkeeping, to knock it straight back into the danger zone

Back
Top Bottom