Football All things Football

I hate international breaks. Just when City show some signs that we've turned a performance corner on the pitch and everything comes to a crunching halt for two weeks.

I always enjoy tournament Football but the qualifiers are sooooooo dull.

i dont know cider_and_toast im quite glad for the break LOL

that the problem being a england fan, we are almost too good & there hasnt been any jeopardy, i can almost see the violins coming out from the other home nations 🎻. but once your in a group with Hungary, Albania, Andorra, San Marino. & youve beaten poland. we were booking qatar hotels in march 2021 3 months before the euros.. as we will be on a guaranteed 24pts

arteta.jpg

Yeah, the loan goalkeeper has been a real boon. Knocked out of the Pizza Dough cup by one version of Wimbledon and then losing to another today. I think I mentioned that the Cowley's will be gone by Christmas and apart from the blip at the start of the season they have carried on pretty much how they finished last.

Pompey currently on the fast track to a relegation battle.

1631396596873.png

Courtesy of a friend with a hostility box I had the "pleasure" of watching Pompey lose away at Burton last night. Danny Cowley appears to think he has the Arsenal Invincibles squad playing for him rather than a bunch of journey men and donkeys in League One. They insisted on playing ticky tacky football and bringing the ball out from the back when all that was needed was for it to be hoofed long and let the big lads at the front run after it.

They moved to route one in the last 10 minutes and put Burton under pressure. Amazing I can spot this as I know bugger all about football.

i saw the winner FB as it was our loanees 1st goal. from daniel jebbison. i couldnt believe how poor the marking was he seemed to have all the space in the world

i understand the idea playing out from back because ive seen it many times where you keep hoofing it & then lose the header, pressure just builds & builds. but that was a pep Guardiola idea who had xavi & iniesta. not a league 1 side.

FB just seen the GK howler to go 2-1, thats got to heard especially as it felt apart to lose 4-1. you might be right heading to point where cowley is let go. but weirdly you are 4pts off relegation & play offs. when you stsrt criticising the players character & desire in public. it rarely ends well
‐---------------------‐--‐-‐-‐--------‐------------------
for us 1st half hour i knew the referee was bad & on a par to darren deadman levels of incompetence. as he was blind as a bat. then someone told me it was keith stroud & it all made sense, how on earth does that guy still have a career, are we that desperate for referees in the football league. he deserves to be chucked in the bin with darren deadman, as these are types of useless fools that got VAR invented

match wise thought it was going to be the same old story again, play fantastic, create some great chances. think how are we not winning. as for bad luck & world class saves we shouldve been out of sight in the latter part of the 1st half. so of course like huddersfield & we go 1-0 down. i would say best home game of the season & nothing short of what we deserved, espically after mcgoldrick came on, as great as the mousset finish to stay that cool under pressure was. to bury it. that magic flick from mcgoldrick was outstanding in the build up proving why he is multiple player of the year. on his day he has always been 1 of best players

Tonight on Obvious News.......

Pope Francis announces "I am Catholic"

We have actual footage that conclusively proves Bears shit in the woods

And in sport, Steve Bruce is sacked by Newcastle United after being allowed to manage his 1000th game.....

He's welcome down at Fratton Park. Hell, I'll even pay for this train ticket if he will take over from the Muppets currently in charge. I take that back, the Cowley brothers are not Muppets, The Muppets were funny.

Think you'll be out of luck FB. Reading his statement I believe he's now at the career stage of "this management shit isn't worth it anymore"

I'd full expect a career move into commentary, after dinner speaking and charity golfing events.

Back
Top Bottom