Football All things Football

He's welcome down at Fratton Park. Hell, I'll even pay for this train ticket if he will take over from the Muppets currently in charge. I take that back, the Cowley brothers are not Muppets, The Muppets were funny.

Laugh Laughing GIF

Given all that has been said from media colleagues about Steve Bruce, I’d fully expect him to be linked with every managerial vacancy in the next 12 months. In particular, I’d expect him to be talked up when Solskjaer is sacked by Manchester United… after all, Newcastle fans are just whiny babies, and Steve Bruce is the greatest manager in England.

In other news, Mike Bassett has been approached to be England manager!

ole gunner solskjaer not to going houdini his way out of this one. i thought it could be 4 or 5 by full time not half time. but he should be bottom of the CL group but them 2 last min winners papered over the cracks

Don't see anything from them in the articles and haven't heard any comments from either of them.

Both were signed from the England set up to support our poorly chosen novice manager Dean Holden. I don't think either has shown any indication that they've significantly improved our players and go with best wishes but are no loss.

Nigel Pearson is slowly overhauling the set up on and off the pitch and Simpson and Downing were never going to be part of the future.

Don't see anything from them in the articles and haven't heard any comments from either of them.

Both were signed from the England set up to support our poorly chosen novice manager Dean Holden. I don't think either has shown any indication that they've significantly improved our players and go with best wishes but are no loss.

Nigel Pearson is slowly overhauling the set up on and off the pitch and Simpson and Downing were never going to be part of the future.
ah with the form table of 17th & 2 wins in 9?? i think i heard. i thinking if they had been 2 coaches brought in. then it could be 1 of those death knells. but if they were part of the old regime then its probally been long overdue

I feel sorry for them in a way because they both had settled jobs in the England set up which they left to come to us. Once the wheels came off for Dean Holden it was clear he and none of his coaching team were really up for the task.

Obviously with contracts we couldn't just kick Simpson and Downing out straight away but their days were numbered when Pearson signed his own assistant manager at the end of the summer.

Our form, especially at home, is terrible at the moment but the football has been gradually improving even though the results haven't. We are knackered due to FFP so have to be very shrewd in our transfer business and the window in Jan can't open soon enough because of the lack of our attacking options.

6-0 up after 42 mins

& yet some people are still against pre qualifying. long long overdue in my eyes should be top 36 uefa nations in main part, rest pre qualify for 9 remaining spots in the 9 groups x 5

Eriksen, Aguero & now Fleck, this collapses are becoming scarily regular now & there needs to be someone asking things about this. because they are currently the fittest & healthiest players. football has ever had. in the early 90s, with the smoking drinking & full English pre match. you expect this more, now thankfully like the others he was ok eventually, as our manager said “He is in hospital, he is conscious and he asked for the result. Hopefully he we will be okay. He is safe, in good hands and we pray that everything will be okay"

but a untrained guess, is it simply a issue of a congested calendar or could it energy drinks, because they have been proven to cause heart problems

cider_and_toast also ahead of clip the apex derby which has been very helpfully stuck in only free week in the F1 calendar of the 6 race title run in LOL

i dont know what to expect because we seem to be jekell & hyde half to half & sometimes during a half. as if you watched coventry firstly condolences. :D but we were lucky to have nil in the 1st half, it was the worst id seen us in person for 4-5 years & i was thinking where had the early season or even just 3 weeks ago. gone from playing brilliant football albeit gifting goals & bad luck not getting results we we deserved. to coventry it was hard to see us scoring if we played all week. having created almost nothing, stuck in rock & hard place. being too scared to play out from the back. but then couldnt hit it long as we lost the majority of headers. it came straight back.

then we came out 2nd half & it was astonishing. thinking i cant believe these are the same players that were as woeful, could easily say we were unlucky as had the chances to take an unlikely all 3 points. but thank the lord for chris basham on current form by a country mile by far our best CB. he has saved our arses so much at times we were a 1 man team

We seem to have found a bit of form going into this weekend.

We have found an energy that we lacked at the start of the season. The football is still pretty crap but we're trying now.

Not sure what the result is likely to be but with you lot in a bit of turmoil now, I'd like to see us build on our recent progress and take all three points.

Sorry mate but I think the momentum is with us at the moment.

We seem to have found a bit of form going into this weekend.

We have found an energy that we lacked at the start of the season. The football is still pretty crap but we're trying now.

Not sure what the result is likely to be but with you lot in a bit of turmoil now, I'd like to see us build on our recent progress and take all three points.

Sorry mate but I think the momentum is with us at the moment.
i think your favourites.

our club is a mess & has been since we finished 9th in PL. wouldnt know how run a bath nevermind a club. it reminds me of mclaren 2015 lurching from 1 disaster to another

F1Brits_90 WTF is going on up there?

I hadn't realised you'd sacked Slaviša Jokanović and employed Paul Heckingbottom on the same day.

He's done nothing since a brief spell at Barnsley as caretaker where he took them up through the playoffs. Since then he's struggled to get over a 30 percent win ratio.

Now I read your Chairman has basically stuck a giant middle finger up to the fans saying Paul's the manager and I'm the chairman and what I say goes and if you don't like it, tough.

Not a good look.

cider_and_toast god knows i swear we are in competition with our neighbours to see who can have the worst run football club in sheffield as both clubs are in absolute mess, i was saying it reminds me of mclaren 2015 lurching from 1 disaster to another. all we need is ron dennis & alonso shouting GP2 squad. ive no idea how we got so badly so quickly it was literally only 14 months ago we were beating chelsea 3-0 at the lane & now we got battered by blackburn & scraped by reading

this was my outburst on utd forum last night
temp 1.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

where do you start the mysterious chairman that no one seen that effectively told us to :censored: off. the lies & empty promises they sold last 2 managers. saudi prince thats seemingly disappeared & wont be talking that only strengthens the belief that newcastle has effected us ,we arent judging him on what happens on a saturday, well makes a changes because you judged wilder & jokanovic on what happened on a saturday. every one knew that we need an overhaul there are many players that needed to go unfortunately. because they were letting us down not the manager from what i saw we were suffering from same problem as we have since project restart. we dominate games but cant score. if we had taken our chances we would be in the playoffs & should still be in premier league but if you dont score you dont win. for me we have we should have 15pts out of game we managed 3pts from through being own worse enemy & that puts you 3rd.

but it all comes down, we are skint & we have found the only saudi with no money. & i feared this because in last summer transfer window wilder the heavy rumour was he wanted calumn wilson we couldnt matched the wages at relegated bournemouth to join us a top 10 PL team with 3x the capacity he would have to take a paycut. so went to newcastle. same with slav they promised him the world & found out for his january budget they lied to him. he told them to stick it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom