Explain your avatar

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff member
I thought it would be interesting to see why people have chosen the avatar they have.
And if you don't have one, why not? :spank:

Mine changes regularly :D but the current one is easy to explain.

I've always liked McLaren.
The original colour scheme on the old site was a nod to McLaren's M1A sports car seen here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:McLaren_M1A_at_Silverstone.jpg.

When we did the new site I was determined to keep the orange theme and even went so far as to find the actual paint colour codes for McLaren Orange, as mentioned here: http://www.mclarenautomotive.com/company/company-mclaren-orange.php :D

So the original McLaren logo was an obvious choice for me.

(c_a_t, you needn't bother replying LOL )

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
(c_a_t, you needn't bother replying )
Well I will.

My Full name is Lee Oliver Thomas Uxbridge-Smith and it just so happens that the initials spell out the word LOTUS. I have my parents to thank for this.

Any other reason is pure speculation and conjecture on your behalf

LOL

McZiderRed

Champion Elect
Supporter
I chose my avatar for two reasons.

1) It says what/who I am - a Severn-sider. i.e. someone who resides in a region beside the River Severn. Cider is a way of life. So much so, that it actually grows on trees around here! Severn Cider it is, then..

2) It's very picturesque. Although, not to scale, of course, cos you can't see Stone Henge from where I live, like you can in the picture. Although, maybe if I drink enough cider....... :unsure:

Andrea_Moda_Rules

Podium Finisher
I Like Brawn GP,
I have a picture of a Brawn GP car
I know of a website that reduced my pic down to avatar levels
this is an f1 forum so a picture of a Brawn Gp car is applicable.

hmmm........ Pretty boring dont you think

Speshal

World Champion
Valued Member
In 1986 my dad was working as a helicopter pilot for the medical support team on the Paris-Dakkar rally and he bought me back a huge poster of the Porsche 959 signed by René Metge and Dominique Lemoyne and to an excited 10 year old this was (and still is) the best car ever made!

That and I was also smoking 40 rothmans a day and felt they needed my money ;)

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
My God, I never thought I would say this but Speshal you have done something amazing.

You have increased my list of stunning looking Porsche cars from zero to one !!! :cheer:

I've looked up the road going version on Wiki and wow, it's a beauty. :thumbsup:

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff member
I saw one on the road....once.
Just after it was launched.

The one and only time I've ever seen one.

Jen

Here be dragons.
Contributor
The VW singing dog.

I like dogs, I have a VW and the advert is one of the few that I took any notice of and enjoyed immensely. The song is great (shows my age!) and the idea very clever.

The other ad I like is check the meerkat. com!!

Speshal

World Champion
Valued Member
cider_and_toast said:
My God, I never thought I would say this but Speshal you have done something amazing.

You have increased my list of stunning looking Porsche cars from zero to one !!! :cheer:

I've looked up the road going version on Wiki and wow, it's a beauty. :thumbsup:
It is indeed :D - Glad to be of service!

I don't know if I've mentioned it here before but recently my brother went to Jordan on business and ended up going here - http://www.royalautomobilemuseum.jo/main.asp - The King's car collection - my bro said it was just amazing the cars and bikes that are in there and unsurprisingly enough he's got a 959 :D

McZiderRed

Champion Elect
Supporter
I've decided to change my avatar, to an image of a famous rodent, snapped sipping on his favourite tipple.

Contrary to the ad for the black stuff, he obviously prefers apple juice. :D

Amdathlonuk

Somewhat related.........
Contributor
cider_and_toast said:

The 959 was always THE porsche.... :)

Amdathlonuk

Somewhat related.........
Contributor
What can I say?...... I'm VERY proud if my heritage.

And it is the best looking flag in the world! :thumbsup:

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
Amdathlonuk said:
And it is the best looking flag in the world! :thumbsup:
I have a soft spot for the Isle of Man flag, I like the sheer cheek of the flag of Libya, and then there's pure magic like Swaziland, Burundi and Cambodia.

Either way, I've just always found it odd that the Welsh flag has a massive dragon on it. (It always meant I couldn't draw it quickly like the [bg=#FFFEFF]||[/bg] French flag!)

I dunno, it is utterly unique, which Romania and Chad seem to have forgot!

Top Bottom