Cricket England v Pakistan Match Fixing?

It is always the Pakistan team FFS. I mean, the reason they don't have a batting team at the moment is because they were all done for match fixing. It really is pathetic.

I just feel for Broad, this whole issue will take the shine off what was a magnificent 169!

Is it that surprising?

Cricket has been through this stuff before. It's incredibly tough to police because of the nature of the game. "Mistakes" are not always spotted.

FYI : i can't stand cricket these days

Since this afternoon 4 players have been questioned by the police, and the man believed to be behind it has posted bail. Its looking like the one dayers will be cancelled (I hope not, I still want to watch cricket!) but I guess we will know by the Sunday when the first T20 is due to start.

BTW lol at the swear filter making me say I'm exasperated :D

Interesting comment from Jonathan Agnew on R4 news yesterday that the Pakistani cricket team are typically paid about 10% of the salaries enjoyed by other International cricketers around the world. It doesn't excuse what they have done but does, to some extent, explain it.

Major Danby said:

Is the extra 50 grand a piece going to be worth all the death threats they have received??

What we don't know is what threats were made to get them involved and, like any one who breaks the law, they probably didn't expect to get caught (this presupposes they are guilty)

They three involved have at least done the decent thing and withdrawn from the rest of the series.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/8953417.stm

MajorDanby said:
I just feel for Broad, this whole issue will take the shine off what was a magnificent 169!

I disagree. 169 is a big innings at any level of cricket. He'll be feeling just fine about it, I suspect.

Back
Top Bottom