Drivers after 300 races

F1Brits_90

World Champion
fasinating stat i saw today about F1 longest serving drivers. which i never realised
20220724_221959.jpg

Have there been drivers with more than 300 races that started racing before the middle 90's? The reason may be the all ended up in crap cars

Last edited:
Quite difficult to get to 300 GP's in the 50's, 60's and 70's as there often weren't more than 10 races in a season and many drivers died.

Interesting that the only driver in that image to have remained competitive is Lewis Hamilton, all the rest withered in their last few seasons.

I guess the main question is, if they were all in cars that were as dominant as the ones they were winning races in at the peak of their careers would they still have been able to win races?

In most cases I would suggest they would.

I guess the main question is, if they were all in cars that were as dominant as the ones they were winning races in at the peak of their careers would they still have been able to win races?

well Schumacher shouldve won 2012 Monaco GP having that outstanding pole lap. if only he hadnt rammed bruno senna in spain getting a 5 place grid drop

Which begs the question as to why they weren't chosen to be put in dominant cars. Marketing reasons? Too old? Were the youngsters coming through actually better?

All of the above and some I would suggest.

Raikkonen hadn't won more than 1 race in a season since 2008.

Button was still at McLaren and their performances went from race winning to points scraping over 4 years.

Barrichello was always going to be ditched by Brawn and then hit his 300 figure half way through his penultimate season in a very poor Williams.

Hamilton could well win a race this season.

Which begs the question as to why they weren't chosen to be put in dominant cars. Marketing reasons? Too old? Were the youngsters coming through actually better?
When did Kimii win his last race? He was way past his sell by date and only raced for money

Schumacher 3 years out clearly meant he was nowhere as sharp and backed by the fact the competition was a lot stronger

Button and Alonso really wasted 4 years driving sh1t boxes at Mclaren otherwise you could argue they had the strongest line up on the grid

Barrichello career was coming to an end anyway even if he was world champion he was out of Brawn no matter what unless Mclaren would have swooped for him ..unlikely

Hamilton maybe past his peak but can still be competitive as shown yesterday

Back
Top Bottom