Does anyone use the plain text editor and tool bar?

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
Another add-on I am looking at removing, due to a few issues with it and possible future changes with the software.

Unless you use the plain text editor, you won't have used it at all.

It's this:
editor-toolbar.PNG

So does anyone actually use that tool bar and the buttons?

Note that the plain text editor will remain, it's just the tool bar which is up for the chopping block.

I'm sensing a pattern...

So my next question then is, would it be a major inconvenience if the buttons tool bar was removed?
I'm not considering removing it on a whim, there are good reasons for doing so, mainly related to future updates.

I should add this isn't part of the core software, it is an add-on, and there are a few issues with it currently and it is more than likely not going to work the next time the core software is updated.

I use the plain text editor, although I couldn't tell you off hand what buttons I have used. Please accept my humblest apologies for being no bloody use.

What is the point of the insert media button when that is programmed into the editor itself anyway....?

I have used the remove formatting button if I paste from something I've written in word or notebook and the code button on occasions also the quote button.

What is the point of the insert media button when that is programmed into the editor itself anyway....?
The insert media button is default functionality with the editor, which is a third party component.

The automatic media link conversion is a function of the software and needs to be enabled in the ACP.

I use the bold and italics button plus the link, spoiler and youtube buttons. I guess if there was some way of doing it other than having the tool bar then that would be ok but I'm not sure how you would embed you tube stuff and do a quiz if those buttons on the tool bar weren't there. I guess I may be missing something in the system elsewhere that I don't normally use that is identical to the tool bar though.

Back
Top Bottom