Bruno Senna

Congratulations to young Bruno Senna for a fantastic qualifying session today.

I'm sure his uncle would be very proud knowing he's starting the Belgian Grand Prix - his first race of the year - from 7th on the Grid.

Spa-Francorchamps is a special circuit. A real challenge and known as a "driver's circuit" which "separates the men from the boys".

Add to that the tricky, greasy conditions you had today and Bruno's consistency in ALL 3 sessions at this circuit means there's some talent there.

The Renault is by no means a Top 4 car...so to be 7th on the grid ahead of the likes of World Champions Alonso and Button (both of whom have superior Ferraris and McLarens) and his somewhat highly rated teammate Petrov, is a very good achievement.

Good luck in the race tomorrow Bruno!

C'mon Boy...Make Brazil Proud of it's Formula One drivers again! :cheer:

A name that has pretty much been forgotten considering he was going to be Honda driver in 2009 before they pulled the plug on the F1 team

His history could have turned out so differently, had Honda continued into 2009 and 2010.
The team was finally sorted out, the chassis was a monster, and with Honda money, would have had the potential to continue to be a world beater beyond 2009.

Button would almost certainly have won the title in 2009, but we could have had the situation that we now see with Mercedes for several years, had Honda not pulled the plug!

I Don't think his future would have turned out any different unless Honda had built an unbeatable car and the sport decided they would only run one car per team. Bruno never had the skill of mindset for single seaters. He showed that in Formula E too.

I congratulate him on his LM2 title though - I've not seen him race in LM2 so not sure on how the season went but if it is well deserved then I'm glad he has found an area of motorsport that suits the skills he has.

Maybe Bruno lacked the the singlemindedness of his late uncle but everyone was expecting him to be his replacement that Brazil have been yearning for and the progress he made being a late starter suggested this might have been,

We were lead to believe by Ross Brawn that the original Honda car was going to be a top 3 runner with a very good KERS system. Its just one of those what might have been

The late starter thing is a myth. Bruno has been driving single seater cars for longer than Sebastian Vettel and certainly a lot longer than the likes of Verstappen and Ocon. He also had over 4 seasons in F1

Having actually met the guy he seems like a lovely bloke but his time in GP2, F1 and FE showed he never really had the talent that people wanted him to have. A good Honda car was never going to change that.

I Don't think it was a case of 'what might have been' but 'what people hoped it might have been'

Let's not forget this was a guy who was out classed by Maldonado.

Back
Top Bottom