Australia - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Here's a new attempt at a post race feature to go alongside our post race poll.

Looking at the overall weekend, give us your Good, Bad and Ugly.

This could be a drive, a driver, a team, the weather or another feature of the race weekend.

Here are mine:

The Good:

Bottas. After being pipped by his team mate for pole he bounced back when it mattered. Made a fantastic start when Hamilton admitted there was nothing wrong with his and from there on in controlled the race from the front.

Verstappen. A good, hard, clean weekend resulting in a strong all round performance which many people may not have seen coming a few days ago. Ran off the track attacking Hamilton but gathered it all up and got back on it at the end. Honda must be over the moon.

The Bad.

Ferrari. A weekend that promised much but fizzled out to nothing. I've not got a problem with Charlie being told to hold position. Teams do that all the time. We don't know if there had been a strategy compromise somewhere perhaps. Overall though, they are going to have to bounce back soon or face a struggle for 2nd let alone first.

Williams. We knew there were problems coming in to this race but this weekend highlighted just how big they are. Seeing Robert Kubica adrift and alone at the back of the field is awful given how far his career could have gone before his accident.

The Ugly:

Danny Ric. A weekend to forget. Its saying something when the best comment I could make was that he did well not to plough through the field taking at least two cars out at turn one when he arrived with no front wing.

Over to you.

Well I’m suspicious of that Bottas win. Didn’t the team and Hamilton owe him one from last year ?

Anyway.

THE GOOD : That’s difficult , but I think I’ll go with Räikkönen who was at least as good as most of his races last year.

THE BAD : Danny Ric, I had really hoped to see a good start from him, so that all his critics would have to eat their words. Well they won’t be doing that, will they.

THE UGLY : Mercedes being so dominant, again, I think another season of one team being streets ahead of everyone else on the grid is depressingly ugly.

THE GOOG: I don't know, the weather in Melbourne seemed to be nice

THE BAD: Giovinazzi

THE UGLY: the new rules, those front wings not only were pointless in improving racing but they got damaged very easily and screwed more that a few drivers today

The good:
Bottas,
Norris,
Mercedes,
Honda engine

The bad
Ferrari,
Ferrari team orders,
Giovinazzi
No Ted Kravitz

The ugly
Williams,
Kubica.

Last edited:
Nice thread idea cider_and_toast

The good.
Max passing Seb.
Bottas getting a dominant win. Over due.

The Bad
Bored my arse off and that was watching the highlights. New wings for better overtaking. Nope.

The Ugly
Kyvat lauching a torpedo. Just lucky he never hit anyone. I guess he hasn't learned yet.

Like this.

The Good:

The radio transmissions seem a lot clearer this year

The Bad:

The race

The Ugly:

Williams.

Good idea cider_and_toast

The good: Hamilton didn't win. The fastest lap point, that could spice things up this season based on how desperate some drivers seemed to be to get it.

The bad: Vettel/Ferrari were a lot slower than expected. It was a dull race in a lot of ways.

The ugly: Those front wings that are ridiculously fragile and didn't improve racing at all. Kubica hobbling round at the rear of the field.

Good
I could say Bottas because it was outstanding drive or Verstappen again taking maximum out of the car. But Stroll he has come in for a unfair bashing, score points on his debut beating perez with abit of luck but took advantage of it & was in pain with his back because of a new seat

Bad
Mercedes Domination, is it too much to ask to have a title battle this decade with 2 matched teams last time was 2010 & last time we had a title decider was 2012

Ugly
where were Ferrari iheard of Ferrari Capitualion but that normally over 3 months not title favs to a distant 3rd best team, in 3 days & unthinkably neither even on the podium. vettel with an off day never looked good all weekend

The Good - Bottas. Ocon must have been gutted yesterday! Plus a shout out to Mr Kvyat which leads me to:

The Bad - Gasly. Yes he got screwed by poor qualy strategy, but your team mate was hustling the leaders whilst you spent 30 laps following the baby team.

The Ugly - Ferrari. Wow, what happened? I don't think they can answer that question themselves quite yet!

Back
Top Bottom