Ask CTA Anything.

Angel

Happy to help.
Contributor
Has anyone on here ever hired a skip ? If so what’s the ball park figure I could expect to pay ?
It was a couple of years ago and about £60-£70 I think. It does depend on what size of skip you want and how long you want for it though, so it varies a lot we found. I hope that helps.

Dartman

Points Scorer
It very much depends on what you are disposing of, probably about £100 for a medium skip, go for local companies, mixed loads are more expensive, rubble and earth are cheaper, also the cost at the local coup is also a factor

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
Do you think zombies get tired?
I mean if you were running from a horde of zombies up a hill for 10 minutes and you were totally ****ed you can't run anymore or you have a heart attack. Do you think the zombies are in the same boat. Are they knackered as well, or do they just keep coming?

RasputinLives

Not dead
Contributor
Well I guess they are dead so they don't feel anything. However they are still flesh and bones and their bodies still work the same way as ours so therefore they must get to a point where their body just won't keep going anymore. The Zombie still has the same physical limits as an individual as it did when it was alive.

Basically if you're being chased by a zombie James Cordon you could prob wear him out but if it's Zombie Mo Farrah behind you then you are screwed.

Titch

Champion Elect
Premium Contributor
Do you have a huge problem with Zombies round your way Greenlantern101 ? If you do, then rather than trying to outrun them I’d move to a different area.
I think Zombies just keep going, nonstop, in their Zombie like way.

Greenlantern101

Contributor
Some zombie types can survive under water which suggests they don't use oxygen for energy. So they wouldn't get out of breath. I presume the zombie 'virus' or whatever provides energy for the chase from eating flesh. So burn up the fuel and they get tired right? Anyway I'm off to sharpen my hatchet.

RasputinLives

Not dead
Contributor
They all try but they like stupidly end up making too much noise or breaking windows or playing on fruit machines and the Zombies find them.

They manage to do it 28 days later by going to Cornwall. I'm guess there are some great isolated areas in Scotland so Greenlantern101 might do alright.

Greenlantern101

Contributor
As well as waiting for them to starve, you could also wait for them to rot. They are dead so should have rotted away within a 6-12 months.

Titch

Champion Elect
Premium Contributor
Is there going to be a CTA you bet thingy this season.? I know it’s a huge amount of work for GL, so I was just wondering.

:embarrassed:

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
There was an explanation of PQR Threads in the Welcome thread and in the request for writers thread. Both of these were featured on the home page and appeared as banners at the top of the main forum page.

If you need a more in depth explanation you can now find both of those threads in the pit lane area of the forum at the bottom of the page.

Hope that helps.

Izumi

Points Scorer
There was an explanation of PQR Threads in the Welcome thread and in the request for writers thread. Both of these were featured on the home page and appeared as banners at the top of the main forum page.

If you need a more in depth explanation you can now find both of those threads in the pit lane area of the forum at the bottom of the page.

Hope that helps.
Sorry for taking a shortcut. "Ask anything" was just too inviting... and yes, comments of course were helpful.

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
That's OK, that's what the ask anything can help with. I thought if you'd wanted a more in depth answer I'd give you a few pointers.

Sometimes it can be a bit tricky knowing where to find stuff if you've not seen it before.

Angel

Happy to help.
Contributor
Okay, I have a question. Is there nothing here for celebrating birthdays? Only I've been dropping pms to people (regulars) when I've spotted it was their special day. I just wondered if there was ever anything more formal for that?

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
We used have a birthday thread for each member but it's mainly men and we really don't care enough to wish one another a happy birthday. Also, when you get to my age, they're probably best forgotten.

Top Bottom