RANT A Rant - Things that REALLY annoy me

Bill Boddy

Professional layabout
Premium Contributor
Why do people look upon me as being incompetent?

A good example of this happened when I was at the National Express in Birmingham. Mrs B bought me on of those cases that have a retracting handle some time ago, on this particular day it refused to retract. There wa a queue of people waiting to get their chance to show me how to get it to go down: not one of them managed to do it, in the end I managed it.

Yesterday since it was a bad day I got the mower out and cut the grass. It is one which has a folding handlewhich uses a screws and cams to do this; the handle assembly on one side was wrong handed compared with the other, Mrs B admitted to having unscrewed it too far and had got it wrong when she put it back together. Since it had no effect on the operation I started cutting the grass. Mrs B was at a loose end so she insisted that it be corrected instantly and took control. So she pushed me out of the way as she showed me how it should be done.

When I had finished cutting the grass I put it right.

Angel

🧸 Smile, it might never happen.
Contributor
Bill Boddy I hear what you're saying about Spa. Having never been lucky enough to go to anything like that I didn't realise what you would be missing. That makes it even sadder you can't get tickets :(

As for people thinking your incompetent, I doubt it. Think yourself lucky people still want to try to help these days. It's nice that people care enough to want to do that rather than just ignoring you I would say. Then again as a person who likes to do things for herself and hates making a fuss and having others take over, I can say I know exactly how you feel.

Well done on getting your grass cut, ours needs doing if you're not too busy, I promise not to try and 'help' you ;)

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff member
People like this should never be in any position of authority.

So if it's a "god given" right to own a gun, how will praying help?

****ing nutjobs, the lot of them,

1567349892473.png

Dartman

Points Scorer
I suppose it depends on which god gave them the rights and which god they pray to, there are so many gods, some apparently deposed and others not proven.

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff member

"These books present magic as both good and evil, which is not true, but in fact a clever deception. The curses and spells used in the books are actual curses and spells; which when read by a human being risk conjuring evil spirits into the presence of the person reading the text," the email states.
Reehil goes on to say in the email that he consulted several exorcists in the U.S. and Rome who recommended removing the books.

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
ROFL

So in the UK we have people wanting to take us back either to the 1950's or the 1850's whilst in America we they are going back to the Middle Ages. I bet these are the first people to criticse African trides who try to beat demons out of children.

Dartman

Points Scorer
FB that again was in the wonderful free democratic USA, that's where freedom to speak and write anything is paramount, however race and challenging religion tends to be a bit taboo, don't run for president if you admit you are a confirmed atheist you may find your chances of winning are less than being a Muslim candidateLOL

Bill Boddy

Professional layabout
Premium Contributor
I've only read the first one and didn't think it was really all that good so didn't read any more. If I wanted that many holes I would buy a sieve.

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
I quite like harry potter books they aren't the greatest quality but they are for children & they did do a fantastic job of getting younger people into books, instead of purely electronic

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
how are things currently over there because i know from my weather apps. 1 of the towns in path they were forecasting 1/10th of their annual rainfall yesterday & today. with gusts of 85mph

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff member
It's a bit windy and rainy but nothing too out of the ordinary.

It has been raining for most of the day so I expect things will get worse as it gets closer.

I did my daily run earlier and it was interesting :D

Angel

🧸 Smile, it might never happen.
Contributor
Yesterday afternoon we had flying ants AGAIN! They are somewhere under our boiler so we can't get at the little swines. On and off they keep on appearing and it's driving us insane. You can't put the usual poison down as the flying ants simply don't take it back to the nest. Obviously we can't remove the boiler to get at them either, so we're pretty much stuck. Any ideas that might help would be gratefully accepted.

Top Bottom