RANT A Rant - Things that REALLY annoy me

Bill Boddy

Professional layabout
Premium Contributor
When we were in Thailand we stopped at one hotel where the youngish attractive receptionist told Mrs B that I was the sort of husband she would like to have.

Mrs B did not tell me that until after we got home.

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
this is probally a point that has gone before, but it happened this afternoon & annoying me last few days why do vast majority of motorist take no notice of the speed limits. I was driving down a dual carriageway (ridgeway road/hollinsend if you know sheffield) doing 40mph in 40mph zone. ive got cars up my backside, zooming past me, chopping me up while overtaking me & im made to feel to be in the wrong. yet im the only one it feels abiding by the speed limits. its ridiculous & im not breaking the law to appease them

then majority of these idiots will starting crying about speeding fines or having to spend the day at speed awareness courses

Andyoak

Race Winner
It's always worse when the sun comes out.

Personally I slow down on a hot day.
Windows down.
Tunes up.

I'm lucky, I live and work in rural Herefordshire, most of the time. So the lanes smell fresh in the summer until they start spreading the chicken shit.

siffert_fan

Too old to watch the Asian races live.
Contributor
For the second time in two months, my sister has been rushed to Emergency from the long-term nursing/rehab center because the idiots let her blood chemistry get out of whack!!! They claim that they check it twice a week! If they do, HOW can she get critically deficient in a mere 2-3 days????

I REALLY have to question their credibility.

Angel

🧸 Smile, it might never happen.
Contributor
I hope your sister is okay siffert_fan Sounds like the people looking after her aren't doing their jobs properly which is a real worry.

Bill Boddy

Professional layabout
Premium Contributor
Elsewhere I have documented a saga involving fridges and fridge freezers.

I worked for Siemens in the UK for several years, unfortunately eleven and a half months before retirement I was outsourced to a bandit company. During my time with Siemens we and our family bought a number of household goods through the "Family and Friends" system that they ran. Even after retirement I was able to buy although they changed the system, outsourcing it. The prices went up and delivery was a joke.

So when we had a problem we went to John Lewis where we met a rep from Bosch who told us that the "Friends and Family" had been restored in it's glory. So I went on line and used my Siemens pensioner account to find out how to join. I can't because I don't have an employee number. Now Siemens are proud of their pension system so why this stupid rule? I am quite annoyed about this, it seems so niggardly. It worked before so why remove it?

Anyone friendly with the head of Siemens UK?

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
Under EU rules the UK are not allowed to invest in our own services but there is nothing to stop us buying up those in other countries. Ironic really.

Of course, when (if) we leave the EU the UK government will find other excuses not to take greater ownership of our own services.

Bill Boddy

Professional layabout
Premium Contributor
They didn't FB. What has happened is that lately the Conservatives have been coming up with so much rubbish that even handed reporting shows them up as boobies.

Bill Boddy

Professional layabout
Premium Contributor
Mrs B said some time ago that it would be good to go to France over the weekend after the Bank Holiday. I had been thinking about going to Spa but in the interests of staying alive dropped that.

She has brought the subject up several times and then whilst we were camping with family and friend asked me to look up the ferries so I did when we got home. Now she has decided that she doesn't want to go. I cannot find any tickets, they seem to be sold out. I am not happy.

Bill Boddy

Professional layabout
Premium Contributor
If you have ever been to Spa you will know that it is a five day party being held by the Dutch, the Germans, the French and some Brits. There is stuff going on until the last one drops in the campsites. There is also a Formula One race with some support races as well, if Verstappen wins there will be a shout goes up that will be heard in Amsterdan.

It is all, good natured with people do not care where you come from, only who is going to supply the next beer.

This idea of holding the race weekend is ridiculous and only held by people like commentators who go back to thheir hotels at night so just do not get it.

Top Bottom