RANT A Rant - Things that REALLY annoy me

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
I quite like men actually, when they’re nice, that is. I don’t pretend to understand them. Mind I’m not really sure I understand anyone.
i think the rule of thumb with men. never asked them what they are thinking you only be disappointed. sport sex or something really weird :D

Izumi

Points Scorer
I quite like men actually, when they’re nice, that is. I don’t pretend to understand them. Mind I’m not really sure I understand anyone.
What does "being nice", or "I’m not really sure I understand anyone" means to you? To ask differently, what you consider being nice, or how do you know you don't understand someone?

Last edited:

Angel

Happy to help.
Contributor
i think the rule of thumb with men. never asked them what they are thinking you only be disappointed. sport sex or something really weird :D
Do men really understand women any better either?

Here's a very basic hint to help you guys out. When you ask a woman a question and she responds with 'it's fine' or 'I'm fine', it's never fine, trust me on that one. It usually means you've done something wrong but I'm not going to tell you what, you have to work it out for yourself. ;)

You're welcome :)

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
Ladies, we men simply aren't that clever.

In response to the post above, if you say "I'm fine" when you don't mean it we will do one of two things A) assume you are fine or B) know that something is up but assume it cannot be that serious otherwise you would have said.

Things would work out a lot better for everyone if you just responded to the question "are you OK?" with "No because...."

We can then take immediate steps to put it right instead of having to go through multiple thought processes that always lead to "no action possible" in our minds.

You're welcome LOL

Angel

Happy to help.
Contributor
Ladies, we men simply aren't that clever.

In response to the post above, if you say "I'm fine" when you don't mean it we will do one of two things A) assume you are fine or B) know that something is up but assume it cannot be that serious otherwise you would have said.

Things would work out a lot better for everyone if you just responded to the question "are you OK?" with "No because...."

We can then take immediate steps to put it right instead of having to go through multiple thought processes that always lead to "no action possible" in our minds.

You're welcome LOL
That first line says it all cider_and_toast ;) :snigger:

Bill Boddy

Professional layabout
Premium Contributor
We had just had dinner and I was making hot drinks. I asked my daughter if she would like one she reploed "No thanks, I'm fine".

What did she mean?

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
Well that's the key question.

You asked if she wanted a drink.

She replied to a question about how she was feeling.

This puzzle has to be faced by men up and down the country on a daily basis. Universitys have studied this phenomena several times and written many papers, the best of which "Ladies and the straight answer paradox" should be read by all.

LOL

Angel

Happy to help.
Contributor
We had just had dinner and I was making hot drinks. I asked my daughter if she would like one she reploed "No thanks, I'm fine".

What did she mean?
Your daughter was probably fine. Bill Boddy :)

My fault, I didn't make that clear enough. What I should have said is if men ask a woman who seems annoyed or upset what is wrong, if she says she's fine, she's more than likely not. We can be fine sometimes though, honest.

Titch

Champion Elect
Premium Contributor

What did she mean?
Exactly what she said “ No thanks. I’m fine”. Hope that helps.

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
i am horrendous with subtlety. im saying 1 thing which cause a few problems with women.

apparently i got chatted up at work once this spanish lady came out of her way in the car park. to tell me what a brilliant (standard of) job i do. i just said i try my best & thank you. carried on, only til i mentioned it to work friends that they said she wasnt complimenting my job. how was i supposed to know :dunno:

Angel

Happy to help.
Contributor
i am horrendous with subtlety. im saying 1 thing which cause a few problems with women.

apparently i got chatted up at work once this spanish lady came out of her way in the car park. to tell me what a brilliant (standard of) job i do. i just said i try my best & thank you. carried on, only til i mentioned it to work friends that they said she wasnt complimenting my job. how was i supposed to know :dunno:
Similar thing happened to my daughter, some guy at work did more or less the same thing to her and she didn't get it either, mostly because they had been working together a while and she saw him as a brother type figure, he apparently didn't see her as a sister though. Other people saw it, but she didn't.

Top Bottom