2022 predictions

F1Brits_90

World Champion
thought as it quiet in the off season. thought anyone up for some predictions for potentially 1 of the most unpredictable seasons since 2009

who do we think will succeed, fail, leave F1, Join F1, win feeder series or retire. & any other bit of fun

we will have a shock pole sitter or podium

Gene Haas finally gives up & Haas either go leaving us with 18 car grid or someone bought them out

1 of Mercedes or Red bull become uncompetitive

McLaren or Ferrari become title contenders

Riccardo is much better this season but still beaten by Lando

Spanish GP will be the worst race of the season again

Alpha Tauri will have a completely new line up for 2023

Perez will remain at Red Bull for 2023

Albon Will impress

Bottas will be better at alfa & as having 3 great races a season will suit him at midfield team

Charles Leclerc wins the 2022 F1 title

Hauger, Doohan & Pourchaire will compete for the F2 Title

Kevin Magnussen, Gustavo Menzies & Jean Eric Vergne in the 94 Peugeot will win the 2022 Le mans 24

Colton Herta wins the IndyCar Title & Scott Dixon wins the Indy 500

i can certainly see that FB i think this is Lewis Hamilton penultimate season at the very most can see him still here at 2024. but then we predicted kimi retirement from 2015 it happened 6 yrs later

Alpha Tauri will succumb to the inevitable and rename as Alpha Centauri

George Russel will shine in 8 races

Frank Williams will be seen walking out in disgust at Monaco

2023 design analysis will show a corner in the championship where the car is wider than the circuit

Seems like you are guessing wild things based on the near impossibility of forecasting with no data amidst a major rule change.

I will predict what I think the constructors will look like based on the competency of the teams and drivers to manage the rule change. I also factor the loss of Honda.
1) Mercedes - strongest team culture, capabilities and drivers
2=) Ferrari - very strong drivers. Team that has some top talent, but not as strong as Mercedes. Weaker processes than Mercedes.
2=) McLaren - Same as above.
4) Red Bull - I think losing Honda will be a factor here. Plus I think they must have made sacrifices to 2022 development to win last year.
5) Aston Martin - I think these guys have been focusing on 2022 for a long time, and they have the best engines, and I think Vettel will be back.
6) Alpine - just don't see these guys as very good
7) Alpha Tauri - Honda will make an impact
8) Alfa Romeo
9) Williams
10) Haas

1. Mercedes- resources all on 2022 and last year would have made them angry. Only weakness could be Hamilton's motivation

2. Ferrari the strongest driver line up on the grid will finally shine through

3. Mclaren - they will be stronger after last season

4. Red Bull - the engine - how much will it impact them. So desperate is Christian he is going for a factory tour of Mercedes

5. Alpine- will the upheaval by Rossi be their undoing?

6 Aston Martin- don't see them being championship challenges same issues as Alpine by Stroll senior

7. Alpha Tauri- don't see them improving any further

8 Williams- the car has got to be better

9 . Alfa Romeo- not sure if Ferrari will be as helpful due to drivers selected by Vasseur

10. Haas - still last

we will have a shock pole sitter or podium

Gene Haas finally gives up & Haas either go leaving us with 18 car grid or someone bought them out

1 of Mercedes or Red bull become uncompetitive

McLaren or Ferrari become title contenders

Riccardo is much better this season but still beaten by Lando

Spanish GP will be the worst race of the season again

Alpha Tauri will have a completely new line up for 2023

Perez will remain at Red Bull for 2023

Albon Will impress

Bottas will be better at alfa & as having 3 great races a season will suit him at midfield team

Charles Leclerc wins the 2022 F1 title

Hauger, Doohan & Pourchaire will compete for the F2 Title

Kevin Magnussen, Gustavo Menzies & Jean Eric Vergne in the 94 Peugeot will win the 2022 Le mans 24

Colton Herta wins the IndyCar Title & Scott Dixon wins the Indy 500
Lots of good looking predictions here, following one qualifying session.

Back
Top Bottom