Grand Prix 2021 The "OMG It's the Brazilian Grand Prix this weekend, and we haven't got a Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion Thread"

“Honestly, I really don’t mind [what the outcome is] but whatever is allowed, I just want it to be clear as a driver. That’s the only thing that matters to me.
If this is allowed, then overtaking around the outside will be very difficult.”

I hadn’t really thought what this means for the future but a very timely and important comment from Leclerc in terms of impact of the decision the FIA take.

“Honestly, I really don’t mind [what the outcome is] but whatever is allowed, I just want it to be clear as a driver. That’s the only thing that matters to me.

I hadn’t really thought what this means for the future but a very timely and important comment from Leclerc in terms of impact of the decision the FIA take.

im glad im not the stewards because at the moment they cant win give a 5 second penalty youve ruined the race. but dont penalise & "let them race" your accused of let them get away with murder & it will get to a point where it gets out of hand

Could they give him enough points on his license that means one more infraction will be a ban?

That would send the message that it wasn't ok, but not affect that result.

Case dismissed. Apparently it’s not met the ‘significant’ threshold and they had enough info at the time.

No more overtaking on the outside. The overtaking driver will only ever have the option of crash or yield. This is a terrible decision.

Having decided at the race that there was "no case to answer" it was always unlikely that it would be reviewed. As Sobriety says, it does open up the potential for drivers to do all sorts when defending a position going forward.

Basically the guy on the inside can shove the person on the outside if there is no deterrent ie a wall or gravel trap.
I am expecting more weaving to the inside then and also a repeat of Verstappen and Ricciardo from Baku because Verstappen clearly weaved down the straight and Ricciardo pretty much said I am going g to make my point and not back off because I am running out of road

Someone tell Red Bull don't cry next time if Verstappen gets hit

Someone is going to end up in hospital or seriously worse .. there is one team and driver that needs to be taught a lesson from this so basically Michael Masi is a bottler

I am seething :censored: I wish Mansell was racing Verstappen and teaching Max a few lessons how to be a true racer

i am shocked :o

but i dont like that they waited until the team principals press conference featuring wolff & horner. to brake the news. we are F1 we are not coronation street

Last edited:
20211119_133950.jpg

Last edited:
Buxton is wrong.
If the FIA/stewards deemed that the other camera angles and telemetry were not sufficient to clearly show that Verstappen made no attempt to stay on the track, then even a signed confession from Verstappen wouldn't have.

I hope the next driver who gets penalised for forcing a driver off appeals it based on this incident.

This will do nothing but embolden Verstappen and I won't be surprised if the title is decided by him crashing into Hamilton while he is ahead on points.

****ing dreadful from F1, as usual.

Buxton is wrong.
If the FIA/stewards deemed that the other camera angles and telemetry were not sufficient to clearly show that Verstappen made no attempt to stay on the track, then even a signed confession from Verstappen wouldn't have.

I hope the next driver who gets penalised for forcing a driver off appeals it based on this incident.

This will do nothing but embolden Verstappen and I won't be surprised if the title is decided by him crashing into Hamilton while he is ahead on points.

****ing dreadful from F1, as usual.
Completely agree. Deeming it not significant enough to change the outcome means they have decided already that this type of move is okay.

As for delaying the announcement for 24 hours and deliberately planning to do it during the press conference, ****ing pathetic!

F1 has been reduced to a clown show with all this crap.

I called it yesterday.

The review has taken place - the stewards will announce the decision tomorrow.

Well, they have to keep the drama going for just that little bit longer, don't they?

🙄

This will do nothing but embolden Verstappen and I won't be surprised if the title is decided by him crashing into Hamilton while he is ahead on points
i would love the commentary to bring the summon up Murray Walker

Max Gets away
but Hamilton takes the lead
Hamilton has the advantage going into the 1st corner
Verstappen trying go through on the inside
Its happened immediately
this is amazing, its what we feared might happen
There both off at the 1st corner

with lewis scoring no points, makes Verstappen the new world champion & Afraid to say that's the end of the world championship

As for delaying the announcement for 24 hours and deliberately planning to do it during the press conference, ****ing pathetic!

F1 has been reduced to a clown show with all this crap.

I called it yesterday.
fully agree the worse thing is the manufacturered drama

Well. Unless Hamilton stays ahead of Verstappen from lights out to the chequered flag the FIA have just decided the fate of this championship. Let's just hope the golden boy doesn't hurt anybody in these final races.

Back
Top Bottom