Grand Prix 2021 The "OMG It's the Brazilian Grand Prix this weekend, and we haven't got a Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion Thread"

I'm not saying what Verstappen did was in any way right. I'm just saying that it will be seen as too late to do anything about it and that it didn't affect the result.

Also, we all know that there's no such thing as precedent in F1.

The problem with that approach is Verstappen will try it again and as he has a 14 point lead, he only has to do it a couple of times and hope there's an incident which puts Hamilton or both of them out to win by default.

I think he should be DSQed and lose the 18 points.

That would send a message and make him take a completely different approach to the remaining races.

Verstappen had no intention of losing the lead, you might as well have said he is willing to take a driver out at all costs. Until he losses his brattish, why are their other cars on track attitude, then he isn’t going to get any better as a driver.
yeah that was proven in i think the forgotten move as he was lucky they focusing fully on that 1 move, him slaloming down the straight between t3 & t4. has been brushed under the carpet.

Jackie Stewart who is often right alot of the time when it comes to safety. that F1 can never be too safe but maybe in this instances drivers think they are bulletproof with attitude of a video game. its fine as ill just jump out & walk back to the pits

Michael Masi is proving to be an incompetent Race Director.
i think he's doing a good job in the circumstances. taking over the legend Charlie Whiting was going to be the impossible job for anyone. red bull replacing newey or Ferrari when the old guard in mid 00s disbanded. charlie sudden death was unfortunate because he was to be shadowing & learning for a few years so he could succeed but sad circumstances & he was chucked into the deep end the job. as Charlie Whiting had 40+ years & Michael Masi 10yrs ago was sorting out the Korean GP Mess

not made easier by how im sure the team are trying to take advantage of the "new" guy in a supply teacher way that they wouldnt with Charlie Whiting. i do wonder if he stuck in the hard place like me. you need to penalise but if you do you would ruin what was an exciting battle

Last edited:
you know what the more i think about it Grid penalty for the next race instead of a 5 second penalty, the more i think that might be the answer. but it would probally only have to in extuending circumstances for lead of the race.

because otherwise like ive heard from stefano domincali he worried about the same thing. that on the 1 hand you need to penalise but in his words "
over regulation might be ruining the entertainment
"

Last edited:
So if it results in a collision and one or both cars retire the action will be taken, if the result is both cars are unscathed and the positions remain the same irrespective of the rule breaking to stop the overtake no action taken due to impeding the spectacle, Max wins, he should have been stamped on early in his F1 career and may be he will be more circumspect now, though I doubt it, he has the full support of RB who have history in suppoting their favoured drivers guilty or not

Brogan Toto made similar accusation on the martins gridwalk over here. as rule i think if you dob yourself in let stewards know this will fail the test before they scruinteer the car no penalty. but if they arent notified & you fail. its disqualification. but if its true that red bull have used the rule to change the same parts on rear wings between qualifying & race on the last 3 weekends. you have to investigate are red bull circumnavigating the parc ferme rules

Dartman im thinking in that situation max is "punished" 3 place grid drop but the battle for win isnt ended ala Canada 2019. we get to enjoy it

The Artist..... isnt there the max verstappen rule of you make 1 move that its after Raikkonen v max spa 2016

Did not Verstappen get punished for overtaking with all 4 wheels off the track in Bahrain? So you can be penalised for overtaking but not defending?

Cheeky.
29B8FF50-684C-4EC0-BBAC-F5705CBEAE5F.jpeg

What's funny is that if Verstappen does get a 5 second penalty then he will drop behind Bottas.

No doubt he would have ensured he had a 5+ second gap if he knew it was coming.

The review has taken place - the stewards will announce the decision tomorrow.

Well, they have to keep the drama going for just that little bit longer, don't they?

🙄

The review has taken place - the stewards will announce the decision tomorrow.

Well, they have to keep the drama going for just that little bit longer, don't they?

🙄
Which actually suggests there may be some sort of action taken.

A "nothing to see here, move along" would be more likely to be announced there and then wouldn't it?

I think it’s the legalities that are causing some issues. RB legal team are arguing there is no legal right to request a review as there was technically no decision due to it not being investigated in the first place.

Attachments

• 9B7648BE-C363-4E49-B4E4-EC0065F44443.jpeg
    9B7648BE-C363-4E49-B4E4-EC0065F44443.jpeg
    1,012.4 KB · Views: 48
Which is a very good point and raises the question as to why the incident was immediately dismissed by the stewards in the first place.
But there is new evidence that could alter the outcome

They should be looking at Verstappen 's racing line into the corner against previous laps

Netflix is with both Mercedes and Red Bull this weekend Brogan
is it just me that thing theyve tried to go Hollywood. the stringing out of his Lewis Hamilton decision until 45 mins before TV stations would go to air & now the stringing out of his verstappen decision until Friday so the tv stations can talk about it during Free practice

Back
Top Bottom