Pre-Season Your 2019 Predictions for the year ahead.

He may have signed for a multi-year deal with Renault so it may not be as easy to be released. However Williams is known for changing drivers as I change sweaters so anything is possible. Siroktin would need to bring the dough though (not the bird), otherwise Williams will look elsewhere.
Yep. Multi-year deal does not carry a lotta weight when performance becomes an issue.

Performance will dictate Kubica’s future. He has goodwill and the hope of others on his side, for what it’s worth, but if he’s fast he’s fast.

I didn’t say you did Izumi - what prediction anyway? I’m nowhere nearer getting an answer. Simply curious as to what the rumour is and where it came from.

Anyone?

its not a rumour or anything against kubica, this a predictions thread. it was a prediction. no predictions are wrong or right yet. I thought 12 months ago Fernando Alonso would challenge for world title last yr

as much as we all have great goodwill towards kubica. its all lovely story & I wish him nothing but the best. I would love nothing more than to see him regain in 2008 - 2010 form, but unfortunately F1 has never been sympathetic just ask Jordan, Minardi, Manor, Alguersari, Kyvat, Hartley, Wherlien, Ocon, Vandoorne etc where there time was to get up to speed. & if Russell beats him. questions will be asked. he wont be a special case. I hate to be downer but its realistic. sport at the highest level at its worse can be brutal

Last edited:
If I may add to preceeding litany, Williams is the same place which kicked Hill out after he won WDC. No one has illusion about color of F1 heart.

Frank Williams has always been of the mind that it's the car that does the work and the driver is just an overpaid jockey. Historically when someone wins the WDC they get a pay rise, with Williams they get the boot just in case they, the driver, thinks of it.

Frank Williams has always been of the mind that it's the car that does the work and the driver is just an overpaid jockey. Historically when someone wins the WDC they get a pay rise, with Williams they get the boot just in case they, the driver, thinks of it.

Didn't happen to Jacques Villeneuve, he raced for Williams as world champion in 1998. It didn't go well I will admit, but he didn't get the boot like some others before him had.

Those men of the era now past have their idiosyncrasies, aren't they. Not to let feel Mr. Williams lonely in the branding you gave him, lets add Mr. Ferrari, who supposedly once said "aero (as a scientific discipline) is only for those who don't know ho to built an engine". How times have changed. I don't wish to put words into his mouth, but I think he would not be happy with current state of F1.

Last edited:
Dr. Marko
Marko, a top Red Bull official told Kronen Zeitung newspaper, said of the 2019 title fight: "It will probably be a three-way battle between Vettel, Hamilton and Verstappen."
So, we have it. Everybody else can go home.:)

My predictions:

1. Races will happen.
2. Some will be good.
3. Some will be bad.
4. I won't be able to watch any of them without paying a fortunte/internet/satellite dish shenanigans, and I've better things to do than that. So F1 will have lost a viewer, just like MotoGP did from me when it went behind a pay wall.

sobriety, at least after paying fortune you can watch the race. Due to planned travels, In contrast, I might be able only to obtain for most races only data and read comments by people at the track. Slogan bringing races closer to fans has done not much for me (if anything).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom