YOU BET GAME - 2018

So how would you WIN money?

Betting each way is really 2 bets. 1 on the win only and the second at 1/5 odds on a place 1st to 4th.

If you bet each way on Seby Baby say 10 e.w and he wins you would get 10 for the win (1/1 odds) part of the bet and £2 for the each way part. So total winnings £12 plus you get your £20 stake money back. Total return £32

But if he was 2-4th you only win £2 and loose the £10 stake money on the win part of the bet. You do get the £10 stake back from the place part of the bet. So total return is only £12 so you are down £8 on your original £20 stake despite having 'won'

So really if going each way on Seb this race is damage limitation at best.

If you just go for the straight win £20 on the nose and he wins you get £20 winnings plus your £20 stake back. Total return £40.

There are more examples in the very 1st post. It's not really that complicated once you get the hang of it.

Bottom line is going e.w. on odds less than 5/1 is not going to pay out in profit for a place 2-4th.

Last edited:
No, I'm not at all confused, nor was I when I posted querying the point of placing an each way bet on evens odds.
I was merely pointing out the folly of such an act.
Just because one has a flat cap doesn't make one a bookie.

Last edited:
Betting each way is really 2 bets. 1 on the win only and the second at 1/5 odds on a place 1st to 4th.

If you bet each way on Seby Baby say 10 e.w and he wins you would get 10 for the win (1/1 odds) part of the bet and £2 for the each way part. So total winnings £12 plus you get your £20 stake money back. Total return £32

But if he was 2-4th you only win £2 and loose the £10 stake money on the win part of the bet. You do get the £10 stake back from the place part of the bet. So total return is only £12 so you are down £8 on your original £20 stake despite having 'won'

So really if going each way on Seb this race is damage limitation at best.

If you just go for the straight win £20 on the nose and he wins you get £20 winnings plus your £20 stake back. Total return £40.

There are more examples in the very 1st post. It's not really that complicated once you get the hang of it.

Bottom line is going e.w. on odds less than 5/1 is not going to pay out in profit for a place 2-4th.

Makes sense to me too :)

Okay so the only time I win anything is when I bet on Mercedes drivers, given I want Ferrari and specifically Vettel to win the championship, I don't want to bet on them to make them lose, I also don't want to bet on Mercedes to make them win. :twisted:

Here are the results for Monza. gethinceri our biggest winner again :1st: Look out rufus_mcdufus he is coming for you.

screenshot.27.jpg

Here are the odds for Singapore. Good luck.

Sebastian Vettel 11/8
Lewis Hamilton 10/3
Max Verstappen 10/3
Daniel Ricciardo 4/1
Kimi Räikkönen 17/2
Valtteri Bottas 10/1
Carlos Sainz 500/1
Esteban Ocon 500/1
Kevin Magnussen 1000/1
Nico Hulkenberg 1000/1
Romain Grosjean 1000/1
Sergio Perez 1000/1