YOU BET GAME - 2017

I like the current format just fine.

The only thing I could think of for a change would be to have a fixed stake per race, and bank any winnings, so for example, if each player bets 20 per race, either each way or for the win (Each way would be a 10 stake) then the winnings are used to keep score, you could also maybe allow a spread bet of 10 on drier x and 10 on driver y.

I think that live odds would not be right, I like the fixed odds view, it removes the need to keep checking back, and I think that tracking changes to odds and therefore peoples bets would be a bit of a nightmare for the fine chap who runs the game.

I think you should tweak the rules to send flowers of commiserations to whichever driver I place a bet on for the Australian Grand Prix. To be fair Ricciardo did better than my last year's bet of Kvyat and actually made it into the race he was just 2 laps down.

I'm pretty sure I went Kvyat in 2015 as well and he didn't make the start that day either.

Fixed amounts per race is probably more realistic too. If you've got (say) £200 then you're unlikely to put the lot on the first race but to spread it over the season. It's a less painful way of losing £200!

Live odds is just too complicated I think. I'm not sure odds tend to change that much in the week or two after one race and before the next anyway? [edit] I guess the odds change mainly from FP1 onwards when we get an idea of who's quickest at the track, plus an idea of the likely raceday weather etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom