WTCC Safety car incident!!

RickD

Pole Sitter
Did anyone see the WTCC from Pau at the weekend? What was the safety car driver thinking?

The start of lap 2, about 2.20ish in. Sorry, the vids not in English as can't find an English version.

I guess he's never going to be driving one again. I would have charged him for the damage and the loss of points.

Difficult to see what happened there really without seeing the full sequence of events.

The yellow flags were waving and the drivers must have been informed the safety car was on the circuit so perhaps they should have slowed a bit more and been more cautious?

With such a tight circuit and poor visibility due to the high walls though, it's not really anyone's fault.
Yes, the safety car was in the centre of the circuit and should probably have been a bit further away from the corner but at the same time the drivers should have been more aware.

I watched it live on Eurosport, there was a fair bit of carnage on the first lap and this corner is blind and a 185kmh corner, the safety car came out of the pits and straight across the road rather than using the pit exit lane on the right. It was definitely brain fade by the safety car driver.

RickD said:
I watched it live on Eurosport, there was a fair bit of carnage on the first lap and this corner is blind and a 185kmh corner
Yes, so I saw :D
the safety car came out of the pits and straight across the road rather than using the pit exit lane on the right. It was definitely brain fade by the safety car driver.
In that case it's definitely the fault of the SC driver.
The pit lane exit white line is there for a reason.

Edit: I just watched the rest of the video and the safety car driver clearly made a mistake. What was he thinking cutting across the track like that?

That is one of the stupidest, most ridiculous things I have ever seen! I think the bloke in the SC missed the word Safety written on his side door. Makes you wonder what whoever is paying these guys is paying them for!

teabagyokel said:
That is one of the stupidest, most ridiculous things I have ever seen! I think the bloke in the SC missed the word Safety written on his side door. Makes you wonder what whoever is paying these guys is paying them for!

I thinkk he should be forced to pay for the damage on both cars, that would focus the mind slightly..

Back
Top Bottom