Pre-Season Winter testing : 2014 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not dissimilar to the "confusion" paint job on the 2014 Porsche Le Man car. I presume they paint them like this so that it's more difficult to see what is going on with the aero stuff?

uppork.jpg

You also see it in prototypes of new road cars, it's to make it more difficult to identify new design features like you say.

So, Wiilliams have also announced that they will be attending the first test. How many does that leave who have not yet confirmed? I believe it is now only Force India, Torro Rosso and Sauber who have yet to confirm attendance?

As an aside to the anticipation of what is always the extreme bore of the first test I shall give you a little quiz question.

Which driver got most track time in all of last years pre-season testing? Don't go googling it now and a free moustache for the winner.

I'm taking a guess at Sutil as he had been out of F1 for a season or two and needed to get familiar with the Car/DRS/KERS. Other rookie drivers were in teams that barely made it to the grid.

I think it might be one of the Mercedes drivers, I'm pretty sure Mercedes as a team either completed the most laps or at least they were consistently in the top few at each test day.

EDIT: I cheated and had a look - no one's got it yet! Although Rosberg was 2nd so I wasn't too far off.

Last edited:
It has got to be Hamilton hasn't it joining a new team they would have wanted him to settle into the car, what with the wedge they payed him....

I won't steal RasputinLives' thunder by revealing the answer or giving any big clues, but based on kilometres completed here are the ranks of the drivers mentioned so far:
Sutil - 22nd
Alonso - 11th
Chilton - 6th
Rosberg - 2nd
Massa - 13th
Vettel - 12th
Hamilton - 3rd

Lotus completed the least laps of any team in 2013 testing:

Rosberg - 2nd
Hamilton - 3rd
Chilton - 6th
Di Resta - 7th