Pre-Season Winter testing : 2014 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember this from a few weeks back?

q7nUQyd.jpg

In other news Mercedes will launch their car on the 28th, the morning of the first test: http://www.espn.co.uk/mercedes/motorsport/story/141121.html

Last edited:
Lotus are looking in bad shape. Couldn't pay their drivers and therefore likely other staff during 2013. 3 major staff have left in the off season and they are missing the first pre season test in a major regulation change.

Perhaps Maldonado's millions really was a better option for them than Hulkenbergs talent.

*waltzes in still doing Pulp Fiction dance*

Lots of doomsayers round here.

I'd just like to point out that if all the teams that the media had wrote about having budget problems had gone under in the last year then we'd only have 5 teams on the grid. Somehow they all survive though. Almost like the media is exagerating stuff to make a story.

Just how many teams have major sponsorship deals which are maturing this and next season? In the present economic climate there could be several teams wondering how long they can hang on for.

*waltzes in still doing Pulp Fiction dance*

Lots of doomsayers round here.

I'd just like to point out that if all the teams that the media had wrote about having budget problems had gone under in the last year then we'd only have 5 teams on the grid. Somehow they all survive though. Almost like the media is exagerating stuff to make a story.
By exactly how much has the media exagerated Raikkonen leaving Lotus after not getting paid?

Whether Kimi had been paid or not he'd have left to go to Ferrari so "he left because he didn't get paid" isn't quite true. I'd suggest if he hadn't had anywhere to go he'd have stuck around until the team landed the sponsorship to pay him. Which is exactly what Nico Hulkenberg did when Sauber had no money to pay him.

I would suggest that since landing the Maldo deal Kimi has been paid otherwise we'd be hearing a lot more about court dates and tribunals

I dunno but that is what he said and I can think of no reason why he should lie, if the people you work for weren't paying you would you stay or would you quit and find another job?

Last edited:
Think also the reason was that if they couldn't pay him then they would struggle to develop the car, and also some key technical members left.

Raikkonen, who was believed to be seeking both financial and technical reassurances from Lotus, also made clear that the team's hierarchy had known what they needed to do to placate him.

That's from the article above. I think he would have stayed if they had sorted everything out, he seemed comfortable there until the last part of the season when it went sour.

Let's just hope Ferrari build a championship winning car and their driver line up don't fail to deliver.

If I were not getting paid then I would certainly worry about the future of the company I worked for and therefore my own future with them...

Well, after Lotus announced their non attendance at the first test, they stated that they thought that they would not be alone in this. With both Caterham and Marussia now saying that they will be at the test, Merc, McLaren, Ferrari and Red Bull all likely to attend, that leaves only a few.

Could Lotus be the only team not to attend the test? Do you think it will hamper their chances this season?

Has to hamper them. Lots of stories about reliability being key this year. To have only 2 tests to find faults surely means they will have higher failure rate at the start of the season.

Imagine they turn up at the second test, have a serious problem and get next to no running. That gives them just 1 test. And remember the 3rd test is only 1 week after the 2nd test. So any problems they do have will be hard to fix in time for the final test.

They should be worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom