Competition Win a Williams FW14B Exoto 1:18 scale model

Just a few thoughts...

It seems to me that this has been a very low key start to the season compared to recent years. Even though we've had controversies and three different winners there just doesn't seem to be the same buzz around the sport this year, but maybe that's just me? Probably has something to do with Hamilton and McLaren if I'm honest. If it's not just me that has a knock on effect for the forum.

Not a lot has happened since the last competition, which makes it harder for people who entered last time to enter again. I'd say about half the entries from the last competition were based on the events of last season, either via statistics or discussion and there hasn't been enough time yet this season to really generate a lot of new content like that.

How about a best post competition rather than best article? Or most liked post of the month, or something like that? There's more posts and more users that post than there are articles. It would probably open the competition up to things like funny remarks rather than just the more serious, lengthy articles.

How about a best post competition rather than best article? Or most liked post of the month, or something like that? There's more posts and more users that post than there are articles. It would probably open the competition up to things like funny remarks rather than just the more serious, lengthy articles.
Because I am trying to generate quality content for the site, in the hopes of attracting more visitors and more members becoming active, which will result in more visitors and so on.

Funny remarks aren't really going to achieve that.

I'm not going to bother in future - the site will survive or it won't.
Everything I have tried over the past 5 years has made almost no difference.

Although I initially said give it time I can't help but feel a bit dissapointed we haven't seen more articles like last time pop up and give me plenty to read so I can understand your dissapointment too Brogan

I have to admitt I enjoy writing articles and always try to post at least one a week on here just because I enjoy the conversation it generates and sometimes I think it takes someone throwing a different idea out there to generate different debate. I sometimes feel like I'm maybe that annoying guy who posts too many articles. Have to say though during the three week break I was not online as much I usually am and I was a bit surprised to see so few new articles.

Oh well what a shame! I really liked the Williams too.

Don't be be down too much Brogan. I love the site.

A real shame, and not just because I was about to nominate my own article (my first one as well). It's a shame because there are many very knowledgeable people on here whose opinion I would love to hear on certain subjects.

I feel bad for not entering now. Sorry Mr B, can we run this to the end of the month and I will try and compose something.

I was another with one in the pipeline, didn't want to say when you originally had doubts as I wasn't sure if I could find the time.

If some of these planned articles had been posted over the past 3 weeks, the competition would still be running.

The lack of entries is the sole reason why it has been cancelled.

I don't believe the nonsense about the later posts getting more votes, I voted by a criteria I set for myself and it had nothing to do with when the article was posted, and I believe that the winning two articles were posted very early, I think that was the case anyway.

The reason I always leave things to the last minute is a character flaw on my part, it's the way I've always done things...

There have been many good articles posted in April. The problem is not enough have been entered to the competition, which was cancelled a long time before the close date. Why not open the competition again for a week and see who throws what into the ring?

No idea.

95% of the members are only here for the overtaking data and have no interest in anything else.

What if a prize were awarded to the member who brings most new article/post contributing new members to the site in a given period?

Back
Top Bottom