Competition Win a Williams FW14B Exoto 1:18 scale model

It's only been up a few days. Give it a bit of time guys. I'm busy working on an article as we talk. Also, it's the Easter hols so people may be doing other stuff at the moment.

To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement...

Not sure I'll bother with many more competitions in the future and use the money to improve the site instead.

Do you want tbe honest answer on why I'm taking my time? The ones tbat got most votes last time wete submitted much nearer the end deadline and kinda feltike the early ones got forgotten. Hence me holding off. Plus throw Easter in. I wouldn't get too downhearted just yet. You'd only had 4 entries half way through last one.

Brogan if you ever did decide to go down that route I would like to put myself forward as a candidate...

But your like a compleye doomsayer! All the teams would pull out of F1 and just go and sot on the soga amd eat ice cream! :p

In all honesty your deadline is 4 weeks away I think the declared failure is a bit like an easter egg salesmen throwing away his stock as unsold in Feb.

I didn't enter the last one but I will most likely enter this one (if I can come up with a subject). So that's 7 (possible) entries! :yesss:

Ditto, but I won't be doing it until the weekend of the Chinese GP when I get home and have some proper downtime.

I will probably enter, but there is plenty of time until the work needs to be submitted.
Stop acting like my Dad.

Whoa! I've got visitors for a few weeks, but I have the germ of an idea, and ive been researching. As others have said, deadline is a way off yet. If It does get cancelled I'd rather know before I go any further.Brogan , maybe ask folk to register initial interest? Then you'll get an idea how many Are working on ideas. It's high secret stuff this you know! :D We don't want to show our hand too early!!

You've launched over Easter and we have to do family stuff and crap - I've only just clicked on to read. Don't give up yet!

You've launched over Easter and we have to do family stuff and crap - I've only just clicked on to read. Don't give up yet!
The launch date was specifically chosen to generate some content for the site during the three week break between races.

Which obviously didn't work as since it was launched on March 26 there have been just 4 new threads in the F1 forum and 2 entries into the competition.

Sincere apologies to those who have entered (both of you), but this competition has been cancelled.

The purpose of these competitions is to generate content for the site, particularly during quiet periods.
Having just two entries in a three week break between races is disappointing to say the least.

I really have no idea what else I can do to stimulate activity but this will be the last competition, at least for a while.

Once again I apologise to the two of you who did make the effort.

I can't justify the cost of the prize for two entries.

As I have made clear, the purpose is to generate content, which it spectacularly failed to do.

The deadline is still 13 days away :s. I think that, instead of cancelling it, you should look at what went wrong and take lessons from that. Last time the entries that came near the end of the deadline got the most votes so people are probably holding out until the end. If the purpose of this competition was to get more content in the 3 week gap between the races then the deadline should probably have been set earlier, like this week or last Friday. I know that I was planning to start working on an article this week and others were probably planning on starting soon, too.

Back
Top Bottom