Current Williams

Discussion in 'Teams' started by FB, Jul 27, 2011.

1. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Screenshot_20190323-130241.jpg

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Nice post.

Would be good to see how it changed for some of the cars at the front end?

4. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    i know that for mercedes that they gained a second but i will have a look

cider_and_toast likes this.
  5. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I'll add to my predictions that Claire Williams will be out of her post before the end of the season.

gethinceri likes this.
  6. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I think Williams will probably be owned by Merc by the end of the season. They'll keep the name but be run by HWA Racelab in 2020.

gethinceri and vintly like this.
  7. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
  8. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    "ok Patrick nice to have you back. You've seen the car. Whats the plan?"

"We need to nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure"

9. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    i think this is a good idea. he is the type of character. no nonsense & wont accept failure

10. Angel

Angel Pole Sitter Supporter

Featured Threads:
    So they've had to pull poor Patrick Head back after eight years to try and sort this unholy mess out. Poor guy. Can he really do something to turn things around? It would be nice if he could but it's a hell of an ask at this point isn't it?

11. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    With all due respect to a legendary F1 figure, Williams haven't just scraped the bottom of the barrel, they've smacked a hole clean through it.

12. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Patrick Head's super conservative attitude was one of the main reasons Adrian Newey left Williams. I wonder what happened to him?

13. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    He's currently Chief Technical Officer at Red Bull.

14. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Really? Sky F1 never mention him. I recently found out Christian Horner is married to Spice Girl Gerri Horner too! I've never heard Sky sports mention this at all and their programming is never full of dull shots of her looking bored in the garage in the slightest.

15. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

Thank God I don't have Sky

16. Ruslan

Ruslan Points Scorer

Will he be working there full time for a while? If so, that will certainly help. One of the major problems Williams had was making sure all the parts were made and delivered on time. This is kind of basic admin stuff.

Still, old and retired, Patrick Head is one of the great, under-rated, F1 engineers of all time.

17. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    RasputinLives I think given the recent admission by one of the other Spice girls that she romped with Geri - I don;t think :whistle:Christian wants people asking about his wife about it down the pitlane and all sorts of lewd questions I want put on here

--------------------------

On another note about Patrick Head
    It was thought that he stayed at Williams too long in the design department before he left the team to allow others to have their own say

He is back on a consultancy basis not chief designer which means he can say what he thinks is wrong and get paid megabucks for it ..not that he needs it. The issue is he is there to recommend proposals to change ways Williams can work better... the culture and legacy he created at Williams ... would anyone actually listen to him then?

What if things don't work out ? Is he absolved of blame being a consultant

This is no quick fix for Williams
    ------------------

Someone mentioned Adrian Newey again - he left Williams because of Patrick and Frank not allowing him more control in the car design matter and a whole load of other matters one of them was the decision to sack Damon Hill who Newey knew could help him develop brilliant and fast cars with his feedback ability .. I am sure it was him who told Ron Dennis to try and get him to Mclaren

18. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
  19. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    I've alluded to this before but from a business point of view there really is only 1 solution I can see for Williams.

Williams have been attempting to get back to the front of F1 for nearly 20 years and they are really now further away than ever. I think they have to conclude that continuing down this path is eventually going to result in the bankruptcy of the team. Whilst I'm sure a Toto Wolff figure will swoop in and keep using the name that's not really the future the team wants. So what's the answer? Well Williams have been involved in producing tech for Formula E cars right from the very start and, whether you love or hate it, the series itself is on the rise. Also with the move towards electric cars in general the tech Williams creates would be easy to sell on to car manufacturers - who of course would jump at the chance to have the famous Williams name attached to it. The best way to develop the tech would of course be to have its own Formula E team. This is far far cheaper to budget than the Formula 1 team and the Formula E organisers would bend over backwards to have a Williams team on the grid.

So to sum up. Pull out of F1, enter FE, concentrate on developing and selling electric car tech. Williams carries on existing as a racing team and a business.

Andyoak and gethinceri like this.
  20. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    And can Claire?

21. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    RasputinLives Jonathan and Claire are not talking to each other anymore that's because Jonathan thinks he would be the one inheriting the family business but Claire wants to prove that as a woman she can be just as good .

Put that aside would Frank seriously have had both Lance Stroll and Sirotkin driving for his team last season ? Frank would have not accepted being pushed over by anyone - he did not back down from Honda when they wanted Piquet as No 1 over Mansell , he did not back down from BMW when they wanted to run the team

Frank Williams would take the team to the grave with him so continue doing F1. He would not have done Formula E unless he gets some manufacturer support like it happened with touring cars back in mid 90's
    ----------------------------

FB

According to that article Williams Advanced Engineering is not making money for the team

Advanced Engineering

That is not good if people don't have confidence in your engineering or its just too expensive to make money to fund the F1 team

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice