Current Williams

Discussion in 'Teams' started by FB, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    F1Brits_90 At least it was not a moose

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    No, he drives in Formula e.

4. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
  5. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    FB Oh brother :facepalm: If he has Mexican pesetas and then he will get the drive

6. RasputinLives

RasputinLives I don't believe in Zimmerman Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I think Williams connection with SMP Racing will mean either Sirotkin or Markelov.

7. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    More than likely after they were screwed over by Rich

8. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Signing Gutierrez would go against what Claire Williams was saying that they pick drivers on talent :o:whistle::facepalm:

I can see the headling " Williams sign Esteban.... but the wrong one !"

9. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    They signed the wrong Derek in 1982.

10. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Always remember that clip of Sir Frank giving a test to Senna in 82/83 and explaining why Williams wouldn't be signing him as the team didn't sign rookie drivers.

:facepalm:

11. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Anyone else putting 2 & 2 together. Because as it turns out that ocon couldve signed because Williams thought they had the rich energy money. Then haas nicked from under their feet. Which after being in the williams hospitality & press release written. They wouldve been furious.

Now all of a sudden a pay driver is being considered

12. Clay

Clay Test Driver

No. Please don't say he's got the slightest chance of even putting the foot in the door. Someone to add to Il_leone list of worst drivers in F1.

Galahad likes this.
  13. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Clay he is not currently doing F1 that is why he is not on the poll. I am looking at this season alone

14. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
  15. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    He came to look after his mate. His mate retired. He's not achieved a great deal.

16. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    As a person i really like him & big loss to grid. As he came across as a great guy down to earth & loyalty/friendship with massa was nice

But on a professional level this has been way overdue. Because during his reign he is/was head of vehicle performance with williams having 1 of worst chassis on grid. Proven in latter years that once Mercedes dominance on the power unit reduced season by season. Williams went back & back to a point that in 4 yrs at Austria theyve gone from front row lockout to 16th & 18th 2.1secs off

17. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Don’t know if it’s been mentioned somewhere else but apparently Claire is trying to find money that allows Williams to sign Ocon.

18. Clay

Clay Test Driver

Not really. Two years ago, he said that in two years time he'd take a step back from F1.

gethinceri likes this.
  19. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/williams-offer-kubica-race-seat-for-2019/

If Kubica hopes to retain any shred of a reputation, I would think he would decline the offer from the boat anchor team of the grid.

20. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    siffert_fan I disagree he has nothing to lose because getting back in an F1 car and onto the F1 grid is a triumph in itself

Yes Williams maybe bottom but then the only way is up then for the team

21. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    There is another way: out.

They have so many problems, IMO starting with Claire, that knowing where to begin is a near-impossible task.
    While I agree to some extent that just getting back in an F1 car is a triumph in itself, to me it also smacks of desperation an his part. A bit like agreeing to become captain of the Titanic after it has already struck the berg.

I sincerely hope that I am wrong in this assessment.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice