Poll Who is better: Fernando, Lewis, or Sebastian?

Who is better?

• Total voters
The sixth tenths. I think they were more fantasy than legendary.

We may mock, but there was a certain difference between the pace of the Renault and McLaren at the end of 2006 which was almost completely reversed by the start of 2007.

(Of course, there may be other explanations...)

It is said that Seb's "knockwurst inna bun" holds no candles to Lewis's "bacon sarnie with beans anna fried egg" - however, both dishes pale into insignificance when compared to Fernando's matchless "salami and goat's cheese pannini, with side-salad"...

Really, the whole question boils down to: "who do you like the most out of these 3 that have been chosen for you to pick from?" - they all have many sterling qualities, some of which relate to driving, and many of which do not.

Damn - this fence is uncomfortable! :blink:

How about a 4th option ("on the fence" or "about equal" or "too close to call") so that we know how many haven't voted because of that reason?

It would be good to know how many CTA members think the three are about on par and, as a result, are undecided.

That way they can vote too?

:)

New world champion Sebastian Vettel is not the best driver in Formula 1, according to former Renault team boss Flavio Briatore. "Vettel is definitely good," said the Italian. "But he won because he best managed his phenomenal car. He is not the best. If there was a race where they were all in the same car, Vettel would be behind Fernando Alonso and also Lewis Hamilton. On a qualifying lap, I see Vettel in pole position, then Hamilton and Alonso third."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9614303.stm

How about a 4th option ("on the fence" or "about equal" or "too close to call") so that we know how many haven't voted because of that reason?

It would be good to know how many CTA members think the three are about on par and, as a result, are undecided.

That way they can vote too?

:)

In that case I'd need an undecided between Hamilton and Alonso, it's those two I can't decide between.

My god is that Briatore actually giving what sounds like an honest opinion? I'm surprised that he didn't say Alonso was definitively the best. Interesting that even with all the Alonso-Hamilton drama he still consideres Hamilton better than Vettel.

New world champion Sebastian Vettel is not the best driver in Formula 1, according to former Renault team boss Flavio Briatore. "Vettel is definitely good," said the Italian. "But he won because he best managed his phenomenal car. He is not the best. If there was a race where they were all in the same car, Vettel would be behind Fernando Alonso and also Lewis Hamilton. On a qualifying lap, I see Vettel in pole position, then Hamilton and Alonso third."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9614303.stm

I do always find it amusing when Flavio gives his opinion about things F1... Let's face it, he was a marketing man who actually knew very little about the nuts and bolts of F1.....

Personally, if I were to have an F1 team, the one that I definitely wouldn't want there would be Alonso... Why? He is over-rated, and hasn't really been able to stand out other than when he was a clear number 1 in the team! For a good comparison, look at how he performed against Jarno Trulli in 2004.... Trulli was the faster, more consistent driver, and yet Trulli was fired... I wonder why???

To all the undecided - it's actually quite easy to get off the fence - all you need is conviction and that is what these 3 drivers have in bucketsful.

And, of course, the ability not to worry if you get it wrong. :)

pffft. Theres a big problem with threads like this. How much does the car have an influnence?

seems odd how some people seem to be discounting Alonso, but not Hamilton because of there car that there Driving.

To me there all very, very good drivers. 3 of the 4 best drivers in F1. Although Hamilton is a bit outta form atm. And the thing is I do not think you can really say Oh this driver is the best and be compltely sure. Personally i can see all 3 winning more titles and plently wins given the right equipment.

But who is the best? Well i can only say what i see, and that means taking the driver and car as a package and saying Sebastien Vettel is the best driver in Formlua 1.

Afterall, being given the best equipment, and using it to the best of its capabilies are two different things. And Vettel hasn't put a foot wrong and hasn't really given anybody else a sniff of the championship.

when theyre all at their peaks i would hamilton is fastest followed by fernando when it comes to raw pace. tactitical i would give to alonso

I think Vettel is the fastest. I have doubts whether he'd be as polished in a weaker car.

I think Hamilton is the second fastest. I have doubts about his mental ability under pressure.

I think Alonso is the third fastest. I have no doubts or concerns with him.

Overall, and despite seeing the 2007 season unfold (and subsequently being presented with an Anti-Alonso media), I think Alonso is the best driver of this.. 'era', i.e, I believe he's the best since Schumacher was in his prime, though I can see an argument for Raikkonen being considered the fastest out of that crop of drivers.

What I would dearly give to see Vettel, Hamilton and Alonso all in a 3-car team, in a car that is miles ahead of anything else, in a season without any silly gimmicks or artificiality. You wouldn't need them either. It'd just be gripping over the course of a season.

Back
Top Bottom