Poll Who is better: Fernando, Lewis, or Sebastian?

Who is better?

• Total voters
Galahad, that's pretty kool.

Raikkonen seemed to be consistently in the Top 2 or Top 3 or Top 4 after his rookie year.

Any idea where Kubica would stack up?

And to reiterate TBY's comment this is to discuss Vettel, Alonso and Hamilton. If someone (anyone) wants to start a thread to discuss the relative merits or demerits of Kubica, Raikkonen, Button, Stephen South, Kenney Acheson and Adolf Brudes they are more than welcome to.

And to reiterate TBY's comment this is to discuss Vettel, Alonso and Hamilton. If someone (anyone) wants to start a thread to discuss the relative merits or demerits of Kubica, Raikkonen, Button, Stephen South, Kenney Acheson and Adolf Brudes they are more than welcome to.

I kinda wrote that type of thread the other day but it's been hidden in CTA until Nov 27.

So we'll be debating hotly that day! :) :thumbsup:

Rain levels out all conditions, after all Bourdais qualified 4th at Monza that year...................

Lewis in 2008 during Q2 at Monza made an initial poor tire choice, and immediately came back in because he realized it was a mistake, but wasn't able to make a change fast enough, because he was called in by the stewards for a weigh in, and the rainy conditions only grew worse when he finally got out.

I will have to go with Fernando, even as much as I use....use....to despise the man. Alonso is always in the hunt, his starts have been just absolutely amazing, his overall performance this year has shown clearly that he still has what it takes to win another WDC, no matter who else is on the grid.

Wow, tied 11 votes each at the moment.

Albeit temporarily, my vote will be the splitting them - and I'm torn between 2, neither of whom is my favoured driver.

Hamilton & Vettel are the faster drivers (just), but Alonso is the better race driver of the three (in my opinion). It's close, but I'd just go for Alonso. I can't pick between the other two.

We can't really compare wet/dry Properly, as I'm sure that Lewis isn't 2 seconds faster than Vettel. We need a straight time trial fight in identical cars in the same conditions. But, for some reason, I don't think the drivers would accept that... Reputation is everything!

Race of Champions? No Lewis or Fernando though but Jenson and Schumie go head to head with Vettel, Andy Prilaux and Mattias Ekstrom.

http://www.raceofchampions.com/
Great fun but a bit staged. I watched it one year in Stadt de France paris. Fantastic spectacle. Kovi beat Schumi- it was when Kovi was relatively unknown. Still the papers next day screamed Schumi wins race of champions! Itsbecuse theyd built up this big fight between Schumi and Loeb,but Schumi didnt even get to the final,, knocked out by Kovi. So they just put on an extra race with Schumi and Loeb and Schumi won, because Loeb got the crappy car. So Schumi got the headlines. No fair. Jeepers ive rambled on there!:o

Personally Hamilton is my favourite driver, but F1 is all about the car and if you give any of those 3 drivers a competitive car they would win the championship in their own way. However the main difference for me between them lies in what a driver can bring to the car development and setup and that's where I think Alonso has the edge, can the other 2 claim to bring a team more than Alonso's legendary 'six tenths'?! As he once said whilst at McLaren, "I brought to the team six-tenths of a second in lap time and I don't see them giving me anything back...."

For what it's worth, I just went through the Formula One Fantasy interviews on the F1 website where the drivers were asked the same list of questions. One of the questions being: If you were a team boss, which current driver would you pick first for your team (excluding yourself and your current team mate)?

Only 18 of the drivers' interviews have been posted so far and some of them picked 2 drivers, but 7 drivers chose Alonso, 4 drivers chose Hamilton and 3 drivers chose Vettel.

The specific picks are below:

Vettel - Didn’t choose a current driver
Webber - Alonso
Hamilton - Rosberg
Button - Alonso & di Resta
Schumacher - Didn’t choose
Rosberg - Didn’t choose
Petrov - Hamilton
Heidfeld - Didn’t choose
Di resta - Didn’t choose
Sutil - Vettel & Alonso
Kobayashi - Hamilton
Perez - Chose himself
Alguesuari - Hamilton & Alonso
Buemi - Vettel
Barrichello - Hamilton & Kubica
Trulli - Alonso & Vettel
Liuzzi - Alonso
Glock - Alonso

Ooh, tough one, this. With my favouritism hat on I'd say Hamilton, he's my kind of racer, and in terms of pure speed on the track, I think he's the best/fastest of the three. But the other two have other great qualities in more abundance than Hamilton. I think it's impossible to say who is undoubtedly the best. One day it will be one of them, one day, another. I think it's better to say they are all brilliant racing drivers, who will probably all have their moment to win a WDC again, although Nando has considerably less time than his younger rivals

Back
Top Bottom