Gaming Which console is the best?

jez101

Bookies drive nice cars because of people like me
Contributor
If you were to buy a console to play this game, which would you get and what accesories?

I've already got an xbox and people say that a steering wheel is best but I'm doing just fine with a controller. You could go for a steering wheel which im sure would be amazing but controllers are just as good aswell.

I'm biased but PS3 is the superior machine, its a handy blu-ray player too! As for accessories I used the logitech driving force GT. It's an excellent wheel with great feedback and not too pricey either.

I have an xbox, but unfortunately i have to get a XCM converter to use my G25 on it.

If anyone has a xbox and wants to race, GT: Bushi Bu

Thanks guys. The heart says PS3 but the head Xbox 360. The *real* problem I have is convincing the missus that F1 2002 on the old Xbox is no good any more... :thinking:

Xbox was the value for money Jez, but PS3 has came down in price a lot, but then has the Xbox 360. My bet would be the Xbox 360, it has much better service and better games, plus the controller is much easier to use.

But then there is always the Nintendo Wii :snigger:

Not mocking the Wii...great invention, but F1 2010 never came out on it....

Xbox was the value for money Jez, but PS3 has came down in price a lot, but then has the Xbox 360. My bet would be the Xbox 360, it has much better service and better games, plus the controller is much easier to use.

But then there is always the Nintendo Wii :snigger:

Not mocking the Wii...great invention, but F1 2010 never came out on it....

I have to disagree about the XBOX having better games. PS3 has Resistance, Killzone, Uncharted, Heavy Rain, God of War and much more. XBOX has....er......Halo?

And the controller is awkward as hell. The one time I played on an XBOX 360 I didn't like it at all. Then again that might just be me.

I have to disagree about the XBOX having better games. PS3 has Resistance, Killzone, Uncharted, Heavy Rain, God of War and much more. XBOX has....er......Halo?

And the controller is awkward as hell. The one time I played on an XBOX 360 I didn't like it at all. Then again that might just be me.

It must be you, the controller for PS3 is to small for my hands.

Resistance and killzone sucks, Uncharted on the other hand is quite nice.
Xbox had a lot of exclusives, but not anymore cause they have won the console war and there is no point having exclusives when the consoles are at there end.

well the wii clearly won the console war. xbox 360 and ps3 were just fighting over the scraps of second place. I'd argue that the ps3 is better as many of the top xbox exclusives have been ported such as bioshock and mass effect 2. Really doesn't matter though as nearly all the games are multiplatform. All in all the better console is the one that has more of your friends playing.
Forza F1 2011

Once you get past the novelty value the wii doesn't have anything to stand on, particularly as xbox and ps3 have now similar features. I expect the wii to fade away now.

And then we have the trusty ol' PC which blows the heck out of consoles.

If I had to choose from the two, most probably the PS3 due to the games availability, but Xbox with MS Live is absolutely priceless, I wish MS Live could link console with pc.

PS: I would love to co-op on Resident Evil 5, kick ass at that game.

And then we have the trusty ol' PC which blows the heck out of consoles.

If I had to choose from the two, most probably the PS3 due to the games availability, but Xbox with MS Live is absolutely priceless, I wish MS Live could link console with pc.

PS: I would love to co-op on Resident Evil 5, kick ass at that game.

I used to be a PC gamer, but if want to play every game that comes out, you constantly have to upgrade your system. Which is very expensive.

I used to be a PC gamer, but if want to play every game that comes out, you constantly have to upgrade your system. Which is very expensive.

True, though by upgrading correctly you don't have to do anything for a long time, I will upgrade at the end of the month to;

Core i 5 2500k
GA-P67A UD3R (mobo)
GSkill Ripjaw (4*2) DDR3 1600
GTX 570ti
Corsair GS 750(PSU)

It costs me around R4000 around $500 USD which ain't to bad, I don't need a PSU but I though I need to get an upgrade on my CS 600.

True, though by upgrading correctly you don't have to do anything for a long time, I will upgrade at the end of the month to;

Core i 5 2500k
GA-P67A UD3R (mobo)
GSkill Ripjaw (4*2) DDR3 1600
GTX 570ti
Corsair GS 750(PSU)

It costs me around R4000 around $500 USD which ain't to bad, I don't need a PSU but I though I need to get an upgrade on my CS 600.

This post highlights the difference between a PC and Console gamer, You don't need to know the inner workings of the machine in order to play the games!

I'm not a PC expert by any means and even though I know quite a lot about how the systems work I could possibly build my own pc (with help), I don't feel confident to do it. I would risk paying for a lot of components which may not even work together! If I was going to go down the PC route I would end up buying a packaged unit like one of the Alienware PC's from Dell and hope that it doesn't get outdated too quickly.

PC gaming can produce the better experience providing you have the money and/or skills to get the right machine for the job but for me the ideal solution is a black plastic box which has a power lead in and TV lead out and a slot to put disc's in!

This post highlights the difference between a PC and Console gamer, You don't need to know the inner workings of the machine in order to play the games!

I'm not a PC expert by any means and even though I know quite a lot about how the systems work I could possibly build my own pc (with help), I don't feel confident to do it. I would risk paying for a lot of components which may not even work together! If I was going to go down the PC route I would end up buying a packaged unit like one of the Alienware PC's from Dell and hope that it doesn't get outdated too quickly.

PC gaming can produce the better experience providing you have the money and/or skills to get the right machine for the job but for me the ideal solution is a black plastic box which has a power lead in and TV lead out and a slot to put disc's in!

True, it does require a degree of knowledge and research on specific componants, If you did go the PC route you should find an online site where they specifically build gaming rigs (PC's), it may cost a bit but they will build a great PC for you that will be future proofed somewhat.

If you are into benchmarking, that becomes expensive as you need to upgrade every 12 months or so just to keep up.

Back
Top Bottom