Things ... Welcome to the Future (2018 - 2019 Silly Season)

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by Rutherford, Sep 17, 2017.

1. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    As boring as the Spanish GP can be, it has produced some interest recently, although perhaps not much overtaking. The infamous Ham / Rosberg shunt allowing Max's maiden Red Bull drive to victory, and Grosjean's wheel-spinning mayhem this year. I'd be especially concerned for it's future if not for the testing as I've just bought tickets for the 2019 'race'.

RasputinLives likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    It should be Monaco because it's crap, but it will be Silverstone because of money.

4. sobriety

sobriety Pole Sitter

To be honest, Silverstone is pretty crap too. Especially since they "upgraded" it.

5. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Yes Donington would be far more interesting.

6. sobriety

sobriety Pole Sitter

I think they'd rip the soul out of Donington to upgrade it to F1 spec.

rufus_mcdufus likes this.
  7. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

They'll replace Silverstone with a street circuit eventually.

You won't see a dedicated F1 circuit once it's gone.

8. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    https://www.crash.net/f1/feature/90...ese-dream-reveals-brazil-s-emerging-nightmare

Apparently the victim could be Brazil given the security troubles and the poor facilities which Bernie panned in the past which is worrying for a country with great F1 history

Silverstone as long as Hamilton is in the sport and with two new Brits will stay.

Andyoak street circuit seems to be appeal for modern F1 given all FE races are raced on street circuits

9. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    the talk is that it will be official tomorrow. that Robert kubica will be announced as the 2nd driver at williams

Greenlantern101 likes this.
  10. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

Oh God, really?
    Why sully a great past?

11. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    I was listening to the f1 interviews & Kubica still believes the is 1 of the best drivers on the grid whether its realistic or delusion we will have to see

12. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    YES

Robert Kubica agrees 2019 Williams Formula 1 race deal

Ruslan likes this.
  13. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I always knew he'd make it, fantastic news.
    :whistle:

14. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Red Bull having announced the 2nd driver at Toro Rosso yet as Albon was confirmed as an entrant for the FE 2018-19 season for Dams

An interesting twist is Dan Ticktim is 5pts away from F1 superlicence to race in F1 having won in Macau and can race a winter series in Australia or New Zealand and gain those points to be allowed to race in F1

So will Red Bull delay their decision on this seat now... Hartley definitely aint staying - the fall out between him , the team and Gasly has widened

15. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    After his second Macau victory last weekend I have Ticktum on 37 points and needing 40.

25 for runner up in F3 2018
    5 for Macau win 2018
    5 for Macau win 2017
    2 for MSA Formula 2015.

The British governing body can (and will) award him an additional 5 discretionary points, however in the past these have only been used to gain a grade A international license not a superlicence. Ticktum is waiting on clarification from FIA whether he can use them for the superlicence.

I think if they say he can then he'll be in. If not I think he'll race in New Zealand in Jan but they won't give him the race seat as he won't have enough time for testing.

16. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Can't he test without a super licence?

17. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    I would have thought he could but he hasn't which suggests to me he can't

18. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    I would assume that dan ticktum would be going into F2. He already racing this weekend in Abu Dhabi. Done very well on his debut Qualified 14th half a second off albon. looks like he going to just get some experience for next season

19. Ruslan

Ruslan Rookie

So do we know yet who the second Toro Rosso driver is?

20. olegg

olegg Race Winner

[​IMG]

F1Brits_90 likes this.
  21. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Ruslan We think its Albon given Mick Schumacher and Ticktum seem to be heading for F2 . Red Bull will not sign Ocon given his links to Mercedes and his rivalry with Verstappen especially after Brazil fall out

Camara has signed for Mclaren and Red Bull must be desperate if they go for Gelael

Ruslan likes this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice