Things ... Welcome to the Future (2018 - 2019 Silly Season)

paka-im-back.jpg

Seems a lot of trees round that track. I think Mr Whiting would really want to go and inspect them. Yeah Charlie would be in the trees.

Which track/ race will be dropped then in the ever congested F1 calendar? Is the Spanish Gp under threat seeing no Alonso to sell the tickets? or will they drop Baku?

Surely neither Austria or Bahrain will be dropped

For me china will go because i think they signed a new 3 yr deal in 2017 which included 2017 2018 & 2019. vietnam will take place in april 2020 :thinking:

Unfortunately British GP sadly will gone which would be a humungous loss to us & Calendar but hey just like real life if you cant afford it, you cant do it. For Dutch Gp at Assen or Zandvoort, whatever been chosen. But after that with miami that they are determined to shoe horn it. I dont see anything else that could go or would make liberty extremely unpopular if they got rid off

Germany is another race that has been teetering on the edge of going as well. To get new tracks/races I suppose some old favourites do have to make way for them. It's a shame though.

I think future of racing in Vietnam has good chance tol follow faith of the F1 style racing in Korea. Europe, cradle of F1 style racing, will be left with two or three races, if any at all. Liberty is talking about three races, but I do not trust them. Maybe English race will stay on the calendar as sole remnant of the past, but if UK cannot afford it, EU is done with F1 or Liberty is done with EU - whatever.

Last edited:
No F1 anywhere in Europe will probably mean that we all lose interest. Maybe a new racing formula will grow out of the ashes, one built on the love of racing, and not the love of money.

Interesting from a handy Spanish F1 Tv guy on twitter saying that either Miami isnt happening or cant for a few years so looking for a stop gap or replacement

Screenshot_20181109-170217.jpg

I am thinking Spain will go because Alonso is leaving F1 and Sainz is not setting F1 interests at the moment and the Spanish will always love their bikes

Mercedes are the sponsors of the German GP so I don;t see them dropping out

That does mean Silverstone is under threat now since France only returned recently and I don;t think the Bahraini's or Azerbajan will surrender hosting an F1 race when they have plenty of money

China - to go interesting thought given they made a loss and they wanted to leave but given their superpower status they would want to be hosting F1 races .

Last edited:
I'd be all for Spain going but it's been a permanent fixture on the calendar since befor Alonso came along and the teams love Barcelona because it's the perfect test track. It produces boring races so I wish it would disappear but alas I think we're stuck with it.

Back
Top Bottom