Things ... Welcome to the Future (2018 - 2019 Silly Season)

There was a suggestion that Red Bull effectively admit defeat in that they were wrong in sacking Kyvat and treating him the way they did by giving him another chance

I don't see how Red Bull have done anything to drive F1 forward. Nor Mercedes nor Ferrari for that matter. Other than necessitating huge budgets to compete and creating dull "racing"

The Pits

I think the same thing counts for Mercedes F1. If the Brackley concern closed its doors forever, it could have the impact of improving the show no end! Actually, scratch that, if Toto Wolff were thrown out of F1, then the show would be infinitely improved. If this were football, he would have been charged of effectively insider trading by employing drivers under his management; the same could also be levelled at Briatore as well...

Bill Boddy Craig Pollock really messed up his tenure at BAR and destroyed Riccardo Zonta's career in the same process. He also made himself foolish thinking it was acceptable to do a PR campaign and challenge Bernie before the car had turned a wheel

Basically JV was untouchable at BAR and turned into a real aye hole and everyone loved Panis when he joined the team

Still though nothing beats worse than Flavio who destroyed and messed up a lot of driver careers at Benetton and Renault

Last edited:
I don't know if he is jumping ship before he is pushed by Arrvabene is being considered for the technical director job at Juventus which is owned by the Agnelli family so he clearly has friends in high places at Maranello

Ferrari - the wheels are coming off literally

Interesting bit at the bottom of this bbc sport article

Japanese Grand Prix: All you need to know about Suzuka race

Formula 1 will have a new race in Vietnam from 2020.BBC Sport has learned that a deal has now been done and is due to be announced in the near futureIt will be on a street circuit outside the centre of the historic city,

Miami city council has delayed a decision on the race "indefinitely" & sources say that the event is unlikely ever to happen. Probally mirroring the new jersey gp that never happened. But More than 30 potential American sites are under consideration. Las Vegas remains a possibility. But most of all Liberty wants races in locations that resonate globally on the east and west coasts. In the west, California will be top of the wish list. In the east, New York if they can get it

I really wish Liberty would realise Street Tracks are mostly shit. So many good proper race tracks in the world yet F1 seems to spend half it's time racing around city centres like some wee ned in a Vauxhaul Corsa. Can we have grown up racing please on proper tracks.

Greenlantern101 - Hermann Tilke got a lot of stick over the years, but what he produced was racing tracks that were suitable for F1 cars. Even Suzuka is too narrow for really effective racing (certainly without DRS).

I remember 1991; there were street races at Phoenix (crap), Monaco (crap), and Adelaide (not so crap)

40209BE8-C1AD-42B9-B1DE-3E98CB9F49D0.jpeg

Looks like it's pretty much all over for Ocon then unless William's are saying goodbye to Sirotkin. Good luck to George Russell though, I hope he makes the most of his chance.

great news, it wouldve been travesty if he russell won F2 title which like lewis Hamilton is all but sown up. unless he had a disaster weekend on scale of lando Norris in sochi, to be driving that well but forced to take a Sabbatical

Problem is that hartley is going to get the drive seemingly on sane terms as this season. There is nobody out there who available to take the seat. On that poll we had at most liked & disliked Drivers of this season. We hartley & vandoorne were 2 Drivers (til someone tampered with it ;)) that no votes on either poll

There is potential of albon doing both FE & F1. But id hope toro rosso punts on someone from F2 May be a sette camara or markelov

They want one of their own. They have had the chance to bring Albon and Sette Camera back into the system all season as both are viable options but have chosen not too. I get the distinct impression both drivers next year are filler until Ticktum and one of Honda's F2 drivers get enough points for a superlicence in 2020.

Back
Top Bottom