Things ... Welcome to the Future (2018 - 2019 Silly Season)

Also on an F2 note - Alexander Albon has no connection with any F1 team. What's that about? He's pushed Leclerc through most of the junior formula catogries and, due to funding himself, has shone in the equipment he can afford to have. Someone please at least give him a reserve role!

Italians on the rise? First Charles Leclerc (ok Monégasque) and now Antonio Giovinazzi (It.)

Ferrari must be happy with new blood in waiting for a call. Looks like some people just need an opportunity to shine. Testing results should give us a hint.

RasputinLives It's not easy today. GP3, then GP2 and then waiting for a call to join Sauber or alike. Long way the top. Charles and Antonio are however here. Once mathematically in last races team's place gets secured, it would be nice to have youngsters execute at least one race next to Vettel. Antonio impressed heck out of me this week.

Yeah Giovanzzi is very impressive and was great at the test just gone. I have to say I'm eating a little humble pie where he is concerned because when he raced in F3 I didn't rate him at all but he seems to have just grown and grown.

Giovinazzi was a good match for Gasly in Gp2 a few seasons back so I think he deserves a shot

Going back to Albon he's been fast and trounced the absolutely rubbish Latifi who keeps making noises he will get into F1 on his own merit and not with his Dad's money:whistle: I think someone should point he is getting a serious whooping according to the championship stats

I thought Albon had a test with Renault but i don't know why he is not considered for any seats ... he's got the speed and can mix it with the best

Russell - I think the tests for Mercedes today will give him further confidence to be on the F1 grid next season but Merc are in danger of creating a log jam with two young drivers on the grid waiting to get promoted to the main team plus there is always support for Wehrlein within Mercedes to promote him

Last weekend was a bad week for Russell in terms of championship so the next few races critical for both. If both him and Norris get good drives in the future post Hamilton maybe people will start watching F1 fan seeing two young brits battling for the title

Well if you're after Brits let's not forget Albon's father is British, he was born in the UK and he was brought up in Ipswich. He could race under Thai or Brit flag depending on what he chooses. So that 2 and a half Brits in the top 3 in F2 right now. ;)

Sauber has an interesting piece of Made in Italy (OK, by a Swiss guy) machinery bolted on their chassis. Maybe they are not (officially) a Ferrari's B-team, but whatever that relationship is, it's working. I am impressed with sponsors, drivers and of course also with one very special Frédéric Vasseur.

With respect to Mr. Marcus Ericsson - this man is rich beyond my imagination. He could buy himself a rather larger float-boat, and live happily after. I am not sure why he insist on carrying on driving fast cars, and driving them slowly.

With respect to Mr. Marcus Ericsson - this man is rich beyond my imagination. He could buy himself a rather larger float-boat, and live happily after. I am not sure why he insist on carrying on driving fast cars, and driving them slowly.
Marcus Ericsson is not rich, his Swedish backers are but that doesn't make him rich. He's been a pay-driver for teams at the back end of the grid, so it's unlikely he even earned a lot of money.

Izumi I'd always thought that Ericsson's place in F1 was due to his connections to John Robertson but I may be wrong on this.

Difficult to say for me. Swedish investment company and their Swiss links create optics of a secret world of finances we know very little about (not that it is any of our business). It is world with many interlinks where everybody knows everyone else in who is who in Swiss/Swedish business. Name which often comes up prominently as a backer is Hans Rausing, but - I am speculating - he might be just a front face of more complex entity behind him. I am not considering F1 as investment opportunity, thus it is perhaps their hobby.

Or Haas as I suspect is his destination.

If Sergio Marchionne hadn't died I'd have disagreed with you, things are different now though it seems. I am still keeping my fingers crossed for him to go to Ferrari though even if I end up being disappointed.

Boom

Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 12.20.22.png

Could be a gamble that pays off ie: Hamilton when he moved from McLaren to Mercedes, or it could a gamble that doesn’t pay off like the one that Alonso made when he left Ferrari for McLaren. Only time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom