Weird Science

Very cool but without wanting to sound like grumpy old dad, be careful if you try that at home. Those little batteries aren't designed for that and may explode.

Not really because the speed of light as a constant is only that when measured in a vacuum, it travels at different speeds under different circumstances for instance it travels slower through water and under heavy gravity a photon in the middle of a star could and does take years to reach the surface and then you have black holes where light cannot escape at all...

Yes but they changed the properties of the photons and also I assume that if something obtains the speed of light then it needs a motive force to get there as nothing can go from a stand still to moving without one, and so once you detract from that force then it cannot on its own recover that lost momentum..

But I may be talking bollocks, it's always a possibility, where I am concerned..

And anyway it is just another way of slowing light down, which does not alter the universal constant in any shape or form.

Last edited:
The problem is that the speed of light is the one constant in the universe. Change that to light being variable speed and there is a problem for the astrophysicists.

I also wonder if Dark Matter has the ability to lengthen wavelengths, thereby accounting for most of the "red shift" which is the primary "proof" of the existence of Dark Energy. I have asked several of the physicists that I work with, and they don't even want to discuss the possibility.

So if light can be slowed down does that mean that light can now travel faster than light.

In a word, yes. Since light and time are interlinked does this mean that there are two differing time speeds alongside each othr, or has the link been broken. No wonder physicists don't want to even think about it.

So just ignore my post about light only being a constant when in a vacuum then, see if I care, everyone knows or they should do that light can and does travel slower than its maximum speed...

Meph

And now, even when it returns to vacuum, it is slower, which was NEVER considered possible!

That poses some HUGE problems for physicists.

I am willing to bet that the experimental results and conditions are about to undergo an unprecedented review!

Back
Top Bottom