Le Mans WEC 2018/19 Super Season

Discussion in 'General Motorsport' started by FB, Nov 13, 2017.

1. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I, for one, am glad to see the disqualification. I am SO tired of Toyota "fixing" the results to benefit their chosen set of drivers, and thereby bring the various races, including the Le Mans 24 hours, into disrepute, that I think they should be subjected to penalties next season. Rigging results should NEVER be accepted, as they cheapen the very meaning of the accomplishment.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I watched for all of five minutes and caught this:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  4. Galahad

Galahad Not a Moderator Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Very unsatisfactory race in every respect. In addition to the Toyota nonsense, the balance of performance in GTE-Pro has left the BMWs and Astons uncompetitive.

5. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Are McLaren paying anything towards Toyota's cost for this season as, if I recall, they were only doing Le Mans until Alonso turned up.

6. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    If they are, it is money that would have been better spent on their F1 effort!

7. Galahad

Galahad Not a Moderator Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    The official version of events is that the ACO said, if you don't do the full season, you can't do Le Mans. Toyota agreed, and in return Toyota got a performance advantage built into the regulations. Rather more of an advantage than the ACO intended, of course.

8. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    It wasn't so long ago people were holding the WEC up as a shining example of what F1 should be. It's not looking quite so glossy this year.

9. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Well, we've had seasons in F1 where one team are so far ahead of the rest that all the results are known in advance. The ACO seem to get it more right than wrong when trying to create equivalency formulas. If Toyota weren't racing it would genuinely be a "Super Season" across all categories.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice