Le Mans WEC 2017

The onboard looks like a video game! Fantastic. Imagine what this will do for the image of the humble Prius...:D

Toyota are now likeely to come under the new rule that limits the maximum length of each driver's stint to 80 consecutive minutes-max, for cars without air conditioning if the temperature exceeds 32c, which is now looking likely.

So no double stint for them in all probability.

Didn't know it myself until I read an article about it this morning on Autosport but thinking about it it makes perfect sense. It's an endurence race after all so anything that increases driver comfort could prove invaluable. If anything it's a wonder Toyota neglected that aspect?

It will cost a few horsepower to include it, but they have over 1000bhp to play with, so it seems like a major oversight given the rule. If I remember right you can't change drivers during refuelling, so it could add 20-odd seconds per pitstop, something like that? Although it also means they can change tyres and be on fresh rubber for each stint, which will pay back a bit.

Ahhh just seen Galahad's betting tips. How much do you think I'd get for my wedding ring?
:crazy:

all the talk about the triple crown. how many drivers have raced in all 3 Monaco gp indy 500 & le mans

I would guess about 20? There must be hundreds who've done Monaco and Le Mans, but Indy has been a bit more insular. Lots of ex-F1 drivers went over in the 1980s and 1990s though.

Off the top of my head:

Jack Brabham
Dan Gurney
Mario Andretti
Jim Clark
Graham Hill
Nigel Mansell
Rubens Barichello
Teo Fabi
Jochen Rindt
Eddie Cheever

And my head is now hurting.....