Vote Now, (un)Official Clip The Apex Forum Awards.

Discussion in 'Gravel Trap' started by Angel, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Angel

Angel Pole Sitter Supporter

Featured Threads:
    Here we are, the exciting part you've all been waiting for, you get to vote!!! I know you really are pleased aren't you?

First the boring part, the rules. Now I have gone through the list of nominations and got it down to the most popular two, three or four in each category. You can only vote ONCE in each category. If you try to vote for more than one I will only take the first one you mention. I have a list and unlike Father Christmas, I will be checking it more than twice ;)

You can vote in this thread or by PM, whichever you like. I don't mind how you do it, so long as you vote. It depends if you want to be secretive or not. Oh and if you are nominated for an award and choose to vote for yourself, that is also fine by me, trust me, you won't be the first ;) I could have done polls for the voting but I didn't for two reasons, 1) I couldn't be bothered to start 10 individual polls and 2) I don't want the winners to be known until I am ready to do the formal announcement. It kind of keeps the tension and suspense going a but longer ;)

I WILL NOT vote. That is important because if at the end of the voting period we have a tie, I am going to use my powers as official host of these awards to have make the tie breaking vote.

So here they are, the awards and the top nominations for you all to vote on. The nominees are in alphabetical order.

1. Thread of 2018

FB's Review Of The Year 2018

You Bet

2. Best Avatar

FB

Galahad

RasputinLives

3. Best PQR Thread 2018

Abu Dhabi

Australia

Brazil

Italy

4. Funniest/Wittiest Member

FB

gethinceri

RasputinLives

5. Best Long Term Lurking Member

Fenderman

snowy

teabagyokel

6. Clip The Apex Treasure

cider_and_toast

gethinceri

Greenlantern101

RasputinLives

7. Best Predictions Of 2018

cider_and_toast

Galahad

Greenlantern101

8. Worst Predictions Of 2018

F1Brits_90

olegg

9. Rookie Of The Year

Angel

Publius Cornelius Scipio

10. Most Inventive Thread Starter

F1Brits_90

Galahad

Greenlantern101

RasputinLives

Those are your choices, vote away my friends, and make sure each vote counts!!

F1Brits_90 likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

1 = FB
    2 = Rasputin
    3 = Brazil
    4 = Geth
    5 = TBY
    6 = CaT
    7 = Galahad
    8 = F1Brits (it's really a draw with Olegg - but I can't face his reaction if he wins :) )
    9 = PCS
    10 = Rasputin

Angel likes this.
  4. Angel

Featured Threads:
    Thanks Andyoak :thumbsup: Your votes have been registered*.

*ticked off on my official list in the official book ;)

5. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Will vote by PM in due course to preserve the impartiality of the office of the Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex.

F1Brits_90 and Angel like this.
  6. olegg

olegg Race Winner

Well, Yes... I'll punch you in the face... :)))))
    How funny you are in your blinkers.

7. Angel

Featured Threads:
    Wow, to think I'm going to get a PM from The Exulted High Moderator of the Apex! Should I curtsey when I read it? ;):snigger:

cider_and_toast likes this.
  8. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Traditionally all PMs from the ELHMA should be read while standing in a vat of custard. Prior to opening the PM, the national anthem of CTA must be sung (music and lyrics as yet unwritten therefore please substitute your own appropriate tune until such time). On completion of the PM you must say aloud "hail to the ELHMA". The custard shall then be poured over a picture of Eddie Irvine and the whole mess then burnt.

The ELHMA has spoken and so it shall be.

Angel likes this.
  9. Angel

Featured Threads:
    cider_and_toast Did you just say custard? :sick::shocked: Could I maybe substitute that with :thinking: cold baked beans? Seriously, I'm allergic to that yellow stuff which I can't mention again for fear of :sick:

Luckily I do have a signed picture of Eddie Irvine (don't ask) so that's good. As for the singing..... I'll go and gargle with some TCP, I don't want to let you down!! :thankyou:

10. cider_and_toast

Featured Threads:
    Yes, beans are a most appropriate substitute and may be used.

:thumbsup:

Angel likes this.
  11. cider_and_toast

Featured Threads:
    The year was 1994, the place, The Italian GP. Johnny Herbert in a car he publicly described as "an un-driveable bucket of shit" had managed to put the car in a genuine 4th on the grid. At the first corner, Eddie Irvine smashed through the field taking poor Johnny out. The race was red flagged but at the restart Johnny had to use the spare Lotus and this didn't have the new and more powerful version of the Mugan engine his race car had. His race was effectively over before it had started.

Immediately after the race Team Lotus went into receivership and Johnny was loaned out to enable a few pay drivers to come in and give the team enough money to at least complete the season.

Eddie 'the bastard' Irvine almost became a world champion.

>:(

12. Angel

Featured Threads:
    Phew on the use of beans :thumbsup:That is such a relief. Thank you oh wise, great and powerful ELHMA :heart:

As for Irvine, I didn't really get into F1 properly until 1995, I watched bits and bobs before that, but I don't recall the race you mention. Sounds about right for him though, he was a..... you can fill in the gap I'm far too much of a lady to write what I was actually thinking!! In my defence I was collecting signed pictures in the late 1990s and I tried to collect the entire grid, him included. Oh and when I wrote to DC he said I could only have a signed picture if I joined his fan club, so I don't have one of him :rolleyes: I have some other good ones though :)

Edit: I do also have a signed Johnny Herbert picture of that helps any ;)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    cider_and_toast likes this.
  13. RasputinLives

RasputinLives I don't believe in Zimmerman Contributor

Featured Threads:
    1. SpeccySteve
    2. Speccysteve
    3. SpeccySteve
    4. Cookinflatsix
    5. Teshemale
    6. SpeccySteve
    7. Borris Johnson
    8. Mephstophiles (rip)
    9. SpeccySteve
    10. SpeccySteve.

(My real ones will come over in PM's)

Angel, gethinceri and cider_and_toast like this.
  14. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    You old fart.

RasputinLives likes this.
  15. Titch

Titch Smile Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    I’m a little bit confused ( what’s new ), are there two threads for this thread ?

16. RasputinLives

RasputinLives I don't believe in Zimmerman Contributor

Featured Threads:
    gethinceri those days of 606 need to be remembered man! Those kids weren't there man they don't know! They promised is a parade! They spat on us man!

*Puts on full camo facemask and dips below water Charlie Sheen style*

gethinceri likes this.
  17. cider_and_toast

Featured Threads:
    Yes.

One to nominate people to be put up for an award (no closed) and this one to vote for the winning recipient.

So the first thread produced a list of deserving candidates and this is for the final vote.

Clear? ;)

Titch and Angel like this.
  18. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    should that be jogging on the spot to stay on top & take advantage of its Non-Newtonian properties, or am i taking it too seriously;)

Angel likes this.
  19. jez101

jez101 Bookies drive nice cars because of people like me Contributor

Dear old Meph. He was a character. Always kept the posts flowing.

RayInTorontoCanada. I still look out for him on TV during the Canadian GP, even though I have no idea what he looks like. Nutter.

20. Angel

Featured Threads:
    Thanks RasputinLives but please, no weird conditions when I read it like with our esteemed mod ;)

Thanks for explaining the process cider_and_toast. He's right Titch, on the last thread we were deciding who to vote for, now we're actually voting on them :)

21. Angel

Featured Threads:

Please don't mention the C word :sick:

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice