Vitaly Petrov

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by Slyboogy, Aug 27, 2011.

1. sportsman

sportsman Sidecar racers have the biggest cojones Contributor

Toto Wollfes holdings in Williams.He is the only Austrian share owner.No one can own more than 49.9 of the share.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Frank would rather see the team go to grave with him than sell up and give ownership away

But he is no longer involved in running of the team,

4. sportsman

Then why did you say this

5. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    If someone else comes in with more money to run the team or sponsor it. They've got more weight and power especially if they know money is tight for the team.

Frank has been surviving with the team the last few years having sponsored drivers with plenty of money. Previously Frank in Williams success days could ignore the pressures of sponsors or engine partners to a point

Now if some Russian billionaire come in with a lot of money with Petrov I think Frank would want them and shove out the Austrians if that was the case along .

He would still want to be the main owner so the other owners will have to relinquish some of theirs. Frank and Patrick could sell some of their shares to give the Russians more ownership than the Austrians
    -----------------------

Remember the share price of Williams has dropped since it was issued on the stock market makes it easier for someone else to buy it up if it were and own more than the Austrian

6. sportsman

I am well aware of the Williams GP Holdings share price.Williams GP Holdings also includes Williams Flybrid power.
    That is why when they went right down to €12 each I decided that it was a good time buy them.
    They at €16.80 today.

You might do well to read this.

7. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Ex Clip The Apex Ray from Toronto annoyance owns Williams shares. FACT.

Bet thats put some of you off them

8. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #dejavu Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    I expect he'll be in the Williams garage, still trying to look lovingly into Fernando's eyes LOL.

Anyway, this is the VP thread, so is he getting the Williams drive?

9. Galahad

Galahad Not a Moderator Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    No! LOL

teabagyokel likes this.
  10. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    The rummours in the paddock is that Petrov is going to take Trulli's seat at Caterham for 2012.

11. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #dejavu Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Now I'd welcome that deal!

Slyboogy likes this.
  12. Galahad

Galahad Not a Moderator Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Which paddock??! :D

13. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    There is still a possibility that Caterham want to part with Trulli and pay off his contract and I don;t blame them because they will not get anything more out of Trulli

14. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Bernie is batting for Petrov

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/7467298/Bernie-hopes-Petrov-remains-in-F1

Guess it won't do to spend ages sorting that Russian GP out only for your Russian F1 driver to end up without a seat!

15. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:

I am sure some rich Russian magnate or sponsors will help Vitaly land a drive and I believe he's gunning for Trulli's seat... I think if the Russians can help Caterham pay off Trulli's contract - the seat is Vitaly's

16. Viscount

Viscount Pole Sitter Contributor

The rumours have been going on for a while an now it's official, Petrov has replaced Trulli at Caterham.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97552

I think it'll be a good thing. By signing Trulli Caterham enhance their Renault/Lotus link, Petrov brings more money to develop the car and with Trulli's power steering problems last season and therefore difficulty to 'feel' the car, Petrov will also be able to give better feedback to the engineers.

gethinceri and ExtremeNinja like this.
  17. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    To be honest I'm a bit dissapointed Petrov is back. I think he had 2 years and we didn't really see anything from him and with the how sparse F1 seats are I think we've replaced one blocker (Trulli) with another. Would have liked to have seen them give Van Der Garde a go - or Rossi liked they planned to next season.

F1ang-o likes this.
  18. ExtremeNinja

ExtremeNinja Karting amateur Contributor

He got a podium last year and had some good races. I think he has value. Value enough to be afforded another year to mature. He is going backwards down the grid, so it's not like everything is falling into his lap.

19. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Guess not - just rather see the seat go to someone on their way up than on the way down. He may prove me wrong - we'll see.

20. ExtremeNinja

ExtremeNinja Karting amateur Contributor

I'm not fussed as to whether he succeeds or fails. I'm just not convinced as some of you are, that he has floundered.

Road of Bones likes this.
  21. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    I don't think he's floundered, he's done a workman like job but that's it. Wouldn't F1 be better if there were lots of young guns getting drives than a sea of journey men making up the last 80% of the grid?

Speshal likes this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice