USA GP CotA Austin 2013

ZakspeedYakspeed

NeverUnderestimateThePredictabilityOfStupidity
Valued Member
Here we are again ... this year seems to have to blown past me faster than Seb on a hot lap ...

Have almost bedded down the tickets and arrangements ...

* Accomodation squared away 365 days out from race weekend ... Marriott points booking ... gamed the system
* 3 day parking pass check
* Turn 15 grandstand tix for Friday and Saturday - check
* Holding fire on purchasing Sunday tickets ... watching the prices a little ... will be looking at either Turn 1 or Turn 15 ...

Last year was Turn 12 ... about 30-40 yards from the apex of the corner ... the olde left right neck swivel got a little tiresome after awhile ... the Turn 15 is a bit more panoramic ... can see half way down the main drag to T12 thru T14 as they disappear off thru T15 ... probably see a bit of action thru T6 to T9 up the top of the hill at the back of the circuit ... and the biggest baddest BBQ joint is adjacent to the stand ...

Driving up again from Houston on Thursday afternoon ... last year I managed to hook onto the back of a nice little road train comprising of a Nismo 370Z, 911 Carrera and an Audi S4 with my old M3 ... made for a nice enjoyable 30 mins of sweeping highway driving before we started hitting some of the little towns closer to Austin ....

Will get some photo's uploaded during the weekend ...

Am hoping for a closer race ... Ferrari and Merc power will hopefully be exploited if the tyres don't get destroyed too much ...

Back
Top Bottom