Upgrade to XenForo 1.2

Is the watched thread symbol smiley meant to be cut off slightly?
And what is a BB Code Editor? (If it's not too confusing!)
Anyway, liking the changes!

The smiley is the cached version of the old sprite.
CTRL+F5 to refresh your browser - it should be a pair of spectacles.

BB code is what you use to format the posts - bold, italic, underline, spoiler, etc.

The minimum width without a scrollbar is now 282px, which is limited only by the logo.

Here are a couple of screenshots showing what the site looks like at that width.

CTA-responsive-min-width.png
CTA-responsive-min-width-post.png

And he's back !!!!! Get in there.

Brogan, as you can see, it works !!

I've not got the full functionaility of the rich text bar but I can now post again. Happy days.

(now don't touch anything :D)

Last edited:
Still using IE6 through XP. Rumor has it that we will be upgrading to IE8 in the next 12 months but you never can tell with the way this company works (as you know mate ;) )

It's a happy side effect of the upgrade which I'm very grateful for and don't want (or expect) you to waste a single drop of energy on trying to chase an issue in an outdated browser.

I'm pretty sure that will fall somewhere between ironing and wondering why belly button fluff is always blue on your list or priorities. :D

I'm loving the update on my HTC Desire HD! :thumbsup:

The FF1 is cranky but you know that, and I'm also not seeing any smileys or toolbar above the post box I'm typing in now? I haven't for a while, but am I supposed to have that toolbar back now?

Some snippets of info' from Mike.

He has disabled the rich text editor in IE6 and IE7 so only the plain text editor is available.
Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) doesn't support the rich text editor so any devices running it will need to be upgraded, otherwise again just the plain text editor will be available.

Brogan, Mike, android 2.3. Not upgradeable on my device I'm told... That explains it.

It's still good! Much better on my phone, I can even use portrait mode if I want to.

The editor buttons for the plain text editor may return at some point.
I will need to wait for the developer to update the add-on to work with 1.2 though (same for chat).

I have a noticed a few small issues with the responsive style on very narrow widths so I will be looking at those later today.
I personally don't use that style so for anyone who does, if you notice anything odd, post here so I can look into it.

Can someone with an iPad test the fixed width style in landscape mode?

When clicking on Alerts in the nav bar, where does the dropdown appear?

There has been a beta release of the new version of the core software we use, XenForo.

As a result, I have started making various changes necessary for the upgrade.

The first of those is there are now two styles: Fixed and Fluid.
Click on the link in the very bottom left of the footer to switch between the two (it should say Fixed currently).

As the names suggest, one is a fixed width, the other is a fluid width, which will eventually become responsive when we upgrade.

The Fluid style will be the default in the future, so any new members or guests will automatically receive that style.
Members can of course choose which style to use permanently when logged in.

Currently there is no responsive element to the style, it will just shrink to fit smaller windows but feel free to use it in the meantime.
Bear in mind though that it has not been optimised for narrow width screens so won't work well in some cases.
As no-one has mentioned it, I thought I would demonstrate the new quote functionality.

The quote height is still restricted but there is now a Click to expand... link at the bottom to see the full content.

I've just noticed the team data when you roll the mouse over a team name in the teams thread.

Hope it hasn't always been there or otherwise I'll feel a bit silly. :embarrassed:

Do you mean the thread preview popup?

That works on every thread and has been in the software since day one.

Back
Top Bottom