Top Gear returns

Discussion in 'Gravel Trap' started by cider_and_toast, Feb 25, 2018.

1. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I think it needs the trio thing though. The Matt and Chris bromance is actually slightly nauseating.

Titch and F1Brits_90 like this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Titch

Titch Smile Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Yes. I agree. Keeping Rory at arms length doesn’t make for a good team spirit.

cider_and_toast likes this.
  4. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Best episode of the series last night. Laughed all the way through it. The team really works well when it is all three of them together and we need more of that next time out.

Greenlantern101 likes this.
  5. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Best one of the series. Finally all 3 together in a film.

cider_and_toast likes this.
  6. Rutherford

Rutherford Podium Finisher

Reid is extremely annoying. They should take him off.

7. cider_and_toast

Featured Threads:
    I've just read that from next year, Paddy McGuiness and Freddie Flintoff replace Matt and Rory.

Matt is leaving the show and Rory is going back to just doing Top Gear extra. Chris Harris remains on the main program.

I think it was painfully obvious that Rory, while being popular with viewers, clearly wasn't getting on with someone on the programme. Much of the last series was the "Chris and Matt show"' The ironic thing was, it was genuinely funny when all three were together.

Truthfully, the show should have been put to bed after Clarkson was sacked and the other two quit.

8. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Paddy and Freddie could save this. They have genuine charisma. Rory's stuff always felt heavily scripted.

9. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    yeah I liked rory reid, I thought he was brilliant in the 1st series & they all got on very well, thought theyve finally got right. but as you say it was really strange last series because it was a duo presenting as most shows were 35 mins matt & chris. 10 mins chris car review, 10 mins matt star interview & then 5 mins of rory squeezed in

but is there a competiton for weirdest news story between ITV & BBC. right everyone Joanna Lumley hosting her good friend will.i.am a special with black eyed peas. how can we be stranger Flintoff & McGuinness hosting top gear. but nothing against them 2 because I like them both & Flintoff in most things he's done was brilliant. his podcast is fantastic & he's hilarious on league of their own

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  10. Titch

Titch Smile Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Well let’s see what happens. If it bombs I predict it will finally be the end of Top Gear.

11. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Like Brexit, it will be shit.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice