Top Gear returns

Discussion in 'Gravel Trap' started by cider_and_toast, Feb 25, 2018.

1. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Everything in moderation Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    The all new Top Gear entered its third series without the dynamic trio tonight.

I have to say I really enjoyed it. Now that the core three of Chris, Matt and Rory have settled in after the "Chris Evans" debacle of two years ago, they have really found there feet as a presenting team.

Last year it seemed a bit forced but this episode they really seemed to work together quite naturally. There were still one or two moments of 'the script says presenter tells a joke' moments but they were few and far between.

Figure of eight chain car racing looks great.

The only thing I really miss from the old format is the news section where general motoring stuff gets covered.

The team are absolutely spot on about the new Disco though. It is ****ing hideous.

Greenlantern101 and FB like this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    yeah I enjoyed it after the atrocious Evans series which if it didn't exist everyone would be fine. promoting Harris & Reid in last series got it back on form. I think there friendship is good but hasn't got the 15yrs the prior one have. But I think its pointless comparing it to grand tour as that like comparing Force India to Mercedes. but like a few episodes in previous series you could easily replace them 3 with Clarkson Hammond & may, most would say its a great episode

4. Titch

Titch Smile Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Catching up now on Monday evening. Sunday I’m afraid I do the girly thing, and watch “Call the Midwife”, I did record it, but have decided to watch this evening on BBC 2.
    They have really become a good team, but I’m a bit concerned that we seem to have moved Stateside. Is this going to become an American program now? With Matt at the helm.

Mind I’m loving the figure of eight. Maybe we could make F1 like that. Never a dull Sunday.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  5. Titch

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    I actually loved it.

:D

cider_and_toast likes this.
  6. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Rory doesn't get to do much, I presume he's there more for the extra gear show or whatever it is.

7. cider_and_toast

Featured Threads:
    Yeah he was barely in it last night. I guess he didn't want to play gooseberry in the developing bromance between Chris and Matt.

It was a dull episode last night with the bizarre two minute 'city car' segment featuring Rory felt like they had two minutes to fill and that would do.

Looks like he'll get more screen time in next weeks episode from Japan.

8. cousinDave

cousinDave Points Scorer

Strange how peoples taste differs. I thought Sundays episode was the best one the current gang have done. I usually judge how good a show is by how much time I spend looking at my phone, which wasn't much this time. Having said that, I still can't warm to the new presenters... especially Harris.

9. Titch

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Well I loved it again. The lunacy in the forest did look at off-road toys, currently available, not some random old cars, which made the lunacy more relevant, and hey, if I was going to use one of those things, why not look for big foot.

:D

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  10. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I don't get why Rory is being excluded. It is the only thing wrong now. Duos are ok, trios are better.

I wonder what Ali G's take on it is?

11. cider_and_toast

Featured Threads:
    Enjoyed last night's episode but I'm thinking of starting a "where's Rory?" Campaign.

At least Rory got to drive the best car of the night (until it blew up).

12. Greenlantern101

Featured Threads:
    I remember when it used to be funny.

13. cider_and_toast

Featured Threads:
    It is in bits but I think they are still trying a bit too hard.

14. Titch

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    There is something very strange going on with Rory. I wonder who doesn’t like who.

15. Greenlantern101

Featured Threads:
    I don't think Rory and Matt have done anything together just the 2 of them. So there's the answer.

Titch likes this.
  16. Titch

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    You may well be right Greenlantern101 , I’ve wondered if I was sensing a bad vibe between them, or imagining it.

Greenlantern101 likes this.
  17. Rutherford

Rutherford Podium Finisher

The show just seems even duller without Clarkson, May and Hammond.

18. Greenlantern101

Featured Threads:
    Another show where Rory and Matt don't do anything together. Can't see him lasting. They clearly don't get on.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  19. cider_and_toast

Featured Threads:
    Apparently Matt is dating the Top Gear producer. Was tonight's Birthday Card gag a subtle dig?? Who knows?

I'm still enjoying the programme though.

20. Titch

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    I shall have to watch it tonight,

21. Titch

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Well having watched it, I enjoyed it. Rory is very much on the outside edge. But there was a deliberate moment at the end between him and Mat. Maybe it’s the way the producers want it to be. Rory as the straight man, to the clowns. Who knows. Time will tell.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice