1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top 10 Prediction Game 2011

Discussion in '2011 Fantasy F1' started by FB, Feb 11, 2011.

1. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Ladies & Gentlemen

It has been proposed that we should run the Top 10 prediction game on a more formal basis in 2011 and set up a league so that one person can look smug, many can feel disappointed and one we can all laugh at and poke at one with sticks.

To that end we have a couple of options. 1) Either we can continue as last year, you post your top 10 on here and I collate the scores and dish out virtual biscuits. Or 2) we can set up a league in www.ZDKf1.com and let them do all the calculations.

I'd appreciate some feedback on the two options. The advantage of the ZDKF1 option is that should you forget to make your predictions those from the last race roll over so if we get a Mansell 92 start to the season and you get race one right you're in clover. You also have to predict pole and the fastest lap time which could spice up the scoring.

It would be my job to monitor & report on the ZDKF1 League should we go down that route.

Cheers

FB

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. tooncheese

tooncheese Hans Heyer Contributor

yeah sure, the ZDKF1 souds like a good idea, as long as the table are posted on the forum. We could even make graphs with the data! :D

4. Jen

Jen Here be dragons. Contributor

I did the zdkf1 as a 606 member for a couple of years - I was basically rubbish, but not too bad at predicting poll times - G was the best - what else would you expect?

zdkf1 are good, on the ball and fairly fast in giving results after races.

We would need a signature though -to keep our group together.

5. FB

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    That where I found out about it as well Jen. I was going to suggest we prefix our names with CTA?

chimera likes this.
  6. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #bringbackmaldo Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    I dropped off last season on there, but I can be back this year!

7. Jen

I'm happy to give it another go this year. Probably be rubbish again, but hey-ho!

8. FB

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Okay all you predictors, the website you need to register at is www.zdkf1.com . If you preface your nickname with CTA you can then pick other participants out through the Mates List function on your home page. So far there's only me and TBY [​IMG] so come, in the words of Delia Smith "Let's be 'avin you".

The format is very simple, you predict who will get pole and their pole time and then the finishing positions of the top 8 drivers. You don't even have to put in your real name if you want to keep your anonymity BTW.

9. Jen

Just signed up.

10. chimera

chimera Points Scorer Contributor

I'll swap over from 606, if I'm not intruding? Played the full season last year. This year I'm attempting to be sociable. Not being very forum-y that's fairly.. interesting.

11. Brogan

Brogan Running Man Staff Member

Featured Threads:
    The more the merrier :)

12. tooncheese

tooncheese Hans Heyer Contributor

Im in now, thats 5 people. Me, FB, TBY, Jenov, chimera. If I havnt found you maybe you didnt prefix your name?

13. Brogan

Featured Threads:
    I haven't joined yet....but I probably will when I get the time.

Once the FF1 is open, I'll send out an email to all members (those who haven't opted out of board mails) advising them of the new games we're running this season.

14. Jen

Well done Tooncheese - now guaranteed a finishing spot in the last 20% [​IMG]

15. Andrea_Moda_Rules

Andrea_Moda_Rules Podium Finisher

add another 1 to your list,

jeez, its been so long since ive been there ive still got 606 by my name !!!!

16. pob

pob Points Scorer

Featured Threads:
    For an added bit of excitement in this prediction game, cliptheapex will be competing in a league against the BBC's 606 and its phoenix forums (such as not606) and maybe a couple of other forums. Point system still to be confirmed, but is likely to be as follows:
    • each race, entrants will be ranked by number of points scored on zdkf1;
    • league points will then be awarded to each forum based on the F1 points system, but to make it fairer on the smaller forums, only the top two users for each forum can score.

Worked example: League points scored
    1. Cliptheapex 25
    2. 606 . . . . . . .18
    3. Cliptheapex 15
    4. not606 . . . . 12
    5. muzz606 . . 10
    6. 606 . . . . . . . .8
    7. Cliptheapex . 0
    8. 606 . . . . . . . .0
    9. Cliptheapex . 0
    10. not606 . . . . . 1

If cliptheapex does well in the league, it will give the forum some more exposure and help entice some 606ers into joining when 606 closes in summer.

I'll post race-by-race updates of the league table.

teabagyokel, FB and Brogan like this.
  17. Brogan

Featured Threads:
    Thanks pob, that sounds like a bit of extra competition so we'll have to take it a bit more serioiusly :D

18. FB

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Nice one Pob, as Bro says need to take it more serioulsy. Can't lose to the 606ers [​IMG]

19. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #bringbackmaldo Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    We need our best and brightest! [​IMG]

Maybe I shouldn't enter!

20. pob

pob Points Scorer

Featured Threads:
    @teabagyokel: The more people the better! :)

21. no-FIAt-please

no-FIAt-please Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Just signed up.

Share This