Time For McLaren To Employ Team Orders "Soon"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that was Button's fault, it was more the McLaren team operating a non-flexible policy. Why should Button run a less than optimum strategy in the third race of the season? If he can make the tyres work better than his team mate why should he back out of it?

No, actually, Martin Whitmarsh was completely unhappy with Button for not coming in on schedule because the tyres dropped off quickly...and, as a result, they dropped off even more alarmingly for Hamilton. Hamilton should have come in earlier but had to "wait" for Button because of protocol (Grid and Race Position) and he was left out to sea on tyres which were shot. "Waiting" for Button to pit first led to Massa overtaking Hamilton on the track on what became Hamilton's in lap.

So, Button delaying cost both McLaren positions and they had extra work to do as a result. He
didn't "make his tyres work better". Writing so is a false hood.

Go re-watch the race.

Whitmarsh was angry at Button in post race media...And i'm sure if Button does that again in a similar position, they'll bring Hamilton in first regardless of Button might think.

It's just this kind of junk which makes me wonder if you're purposely trying to be a Wind Up Merchant instead of being unbiased and balanced because it seems that you either love Button or hate Hamilton.

I'm a neutral and I only deal in facts as McLaren themselves have put out there.

You're still talking codswallop Ray, McLaren should not mploy team orders, it really is that simple.

You, neutral.. OK, if that's what you believe...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom