Movies The worst film you ever saw.

Discussion in 'Apex Lounge' started by FB, Dec 14, 2010.

1. rufus_mcdufus

rufus_mcdufus Champion Elect

Interstellar. I'd read so many good reviews and I just found it a load of old cack. My wife enjoyed it though. Solaris (original one) or 2001 it wasn't.
    Oh that reminds me. Gravity was even worse.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. soccerman17

soccerman17 Race Winner

Brogan this man writes that shit, and he does it very often http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Bay

cider_and_toast likes this.
  4. Bushi

Bushi Pole Sitter

Its was Ehren Kruger who wrote it soccerman17, the man who also wrote the other 2 crappy transformer movies. Michael Bay is the director.

5. Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles Banned Contributor

Unbroken. it took me two stints to watch it what a load of crap, it is a true story told really really badly but then again Angelina Jolie did produce it so it was bound to be shit......

6. soccerman17

soccerman17 Race Winner

OK you're right (EDIT spelling) Bushi but it's damn near impossible to write a good film that fits with Michael Bay's directing style.

And I 100% percent agree Mephistopheles. Incredible story made into a lackluster film. The film had no suspense. I know its hard to create suspense when its obvious what's going to happen to the main character, but if they focused even a tiny bit on any other characters it could have been much better. The main character wasn't the only one going through that hell, so the story shouldn't solely be his. Also lacked any sort of character development or any interesting look at the psychological aspect of surviving a POW camp. Could've been so great. Ended up so piss poor.

Mephistopheles likes this.
  7. Bushi

Bushi Pole Sitter

Agree The Island is the only one that is ok'ish.

8. Brogan

Brogan Leg end Staff Member

Featured Threads:
    Chappie.

Too bad for words.

9. RasputinLives

RasputinLives I don't believe in Zimmerman Contributor

Featured Threads:
    In the Name of the King.

I can hear the pitch now.

Exex 1: lets do a Jason Stathem film with a twist. We'll make him a Turnip farmer in fantasy medievil times.

Exec 2: Brilliant we have all that left over stock footage from Lord of the Rings

Exec 3: and Bert Reynolds is desperate for money so he'll do

Exec 1: its all going together. Now we just have to write a plot

Exec 2: plot!?!? Do we need one?

Exec 3: Can't we just have Stathem talk in a gruff voice and kill extras in ridiculous ways like everything else he's in?

10. soccerman17

soccerman17 Race Winner

United Passions. Just kidding haven't seen it, because just about nobody has.

11. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    I just watched Rage with Nicholas Cage, what a load of tosh.

rufus_mcdufus and GermanF1 like this.
  12. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Brogan Not seen TF4 as the whole film but I hear the reviews were so bad it is the worst of the lot which is disappointing to hear seeing the film has become a big marketing exercise for GM cars , and Hasbro now. Only reason they did it in Hong Kong was because there is a huge following for the brand in Hong Kong

Michael Bay as director probably should not have done it having done already 3 films and they seem to have lost the essence of the reasons why the Transformers exist

13. Porceliamone

Porceliamone This cost me a tenner, but so L'Oreal. Contributor

I had high hopes for this film. Alas they were dashed. Not the worst ever, but pretty bad. :(

14. rufus_mcdufus

rufus_mcdufus Champion Elect

I'd actually fogrotten the last decent film Nicholas Cage was in. I just checked on IMDB and completely forgot he was in Raising Arizona, Rumblefish, Birdy, Wild At Heart. What went wrong?

15. FB

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    I think he tries to be too intense and then it comes across as hammy. He wasn't bad in Kick Ass until it got to the torture scene and then he hammed it up. Not sure why any director would want to work with him as he just seems to do his own thing.

16. Brogan

Featured Threads:
    That film will be responsible for Sky losing money.

We're never renting another movie again after wasting almost £6 on that garbage.

What makes it worse is it gets 7/10 on IMDB?!

Chappie (2015) - IMDb

17. FB

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Grumpy, go and have some toast ;)

18. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Ah, toast is there nothing you can not cure?

19. Brogan

Featured Threads:
    A toast allergy?

20. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Good point, smart ass LOL

21. Incubus

Incubus Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    I recently watched what was actually dubbed "The Worst Movie Ever Made" by the Golden Turkey Award.

"Plan 9 From Outer Space". I don't mind the odd B-moviebut this one's so bad it's funny. I only watched it because it had Bela Lugosi in it, who died a couple of years before the film was completed. So the scenes where he does appear were intended for an entirely different film which never happened. It's a total patchwork and his role was taken over by some bloke behind a cape who actually looks nothing like him. the dialogue is totally incoherent so rather than a long description I thought I'd post a selection of unintentionall;y hilarious and nonsensical scenes:

"And remember my friends, future events such as these, will affect you, in the future!"...

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice