Politics The Politics thread

Discussion in 'Gravel Trap' started by Jen, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    It makes me feel sick.
    Powerful men treat women like cattle.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Brogan

Brogan Leg end Staff Member

Featured Threads:
    upload_2019-7-9_13-25-19.png

No words.

4. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Wouldn't if be great if Treseme, who has nothing to lose, simply tweeted back:

"**** you"

5. Brogan

Featured Threads:
    I bet she's so proud of herself she gave him a state visit now :rolleyes:

cider_and_toast likes this.
  6. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I was listening to an American chap on Radio 5 today who was something to do with American foreign relations. He was saying that the US Foreign Office was being run ragged because Trump believes he's the only one able to "do a deal" and doesn't trust his own Ambassadors. Apparently there are a number of countries including close US allies that don't have a US Ambassador In post.

7. Brogan

Featured Threads:
    There are still hundreds of vacant posts: Trump's temporary Cabinet and vacancy-riddled government - CNNPolitics

Then again, if they were to be filled by people like Spicer, Sanders, Hicks, Conway, McConnell, and numerous other repugnant individuals, then perhaps they're better off left unfilled.

cider_and_toast likes this.
  8. cider_and_toast

Featured Threads:
    Watching Hunt V Johnson on ITV.

To quote Peter Cook.

Jeremy Hunt is "an oily heap of shit"

Andyoak likes this.
  9. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    I just can't bring myself to watch it.

Greenlantern101 likes this.
  10. cider_and_toast

Featured Threads:
    Watched about half of it.

Honestly I don't think it's possible to despise a politician more than I despise Hunt.

A horrible man.

11. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    fully agree on hunt. as ive said before hunt is hated that much by most that boris is better option

12. Ruslan

Ruslan Points Scorer

Here are some good ones:

"We don’t really believe this Administration is going to become substantially more normal; less dysfunctional; less unpredictable; less faction riven; less diplomatically clumsy and inept.”

Andyoak and cider_and_toast like this.
  13. Angel

Angel Happy to be here. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Couldn't agree more!

14. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

There was a woman on PM last night who was arguing that he should only have said that stuff; not written it - even if it was confidential between ambassador and British government (ie. doing his job in reporting his findings). Her argument was that he was a diplomat and should report diplomatically; just like her country (and president)!!!

Fair do's to Evan Davis - he found it impossible to hide his incredulity.

FB, Titch and Ruslan like this.
  15. cider_and_toast

Featured Threads:
    Exactly. Our Ambassador sends the thoughts and advice to our Government (And by extension the Queen as he is actually her ambassador not the government's) that he is being paid to give by private diplomatic messages.

The US president tweets his innermost thoughts every few hours.

Andyoak likes this.
  16. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Calling them "thoughts" gives them too much credit.

17. Brogan

Featured Threads:
    So Johnson threw Kim Darroch under the bus by not supporting him, and Darroch has now resigned.

Trump and his enablers will be extremely pleased about that.

Johnson is going to be as bad for the UK as Trump has been for the US.

18. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I'm just waiting for Boris to propose building a big wall between Ireland and northern Ireland.

19. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

With any luck come the end of October there will be a vote of no confidence, Johnson will lose it setting a general election in process resulting in the Conservative Party getting a near wipe out and finishing Johnson for good.

Titch likes this.
  20. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    It’s a disaster waiting to happen. No wonder Trump likes Johnson, they both speak with forked tongues.

21. Angel

Angel Happy to be here. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    The UK / US friendship is something we don't want to lose and as things stood it was on rocky ground. Kim Darroch had to resign even though he's not the one at fault, it's the person who leaked the information that needs to be hung by their privates!

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice